Strange White Marks On The Black Extrerior! =((

Hello everybody.

I am from Europe so my english is not very good, but I would like to ask for an advice. I've got black IS 250 (almost 1 year old) and 3 days ago I went to our family cottage where I decided to splash some water on my car and after it became dry I noticed lot of white marks on it! :cries: So after I got back home I went to car wash 2 times and it helped maybe 50% and the rest is still there and I cann't get rid of it. I have no idea what was with the water and why it happened, but if anyone can help me and advice me something I will greatly appreciate it. I read somewhere that for water marks like that should helps vinegar? :unsure: Hmmmmm I don't know what to do and I am quite desperate here... :( PLZ HELP!

Thx in advance

Katarina

Katarina... the white spots are most likely from water with a high mineral content.

I had this happen to my car in college (years ago!) and it took me a while to get it all scraped off. There was no permanent damage and I don't remember exactly what I used to dissolve the white residue, but no visible harm was done to the paint.

You might check with a chemist to see how to dissolve hard water residues.

Hope this helps! :D

Here is the Cure:

1. wash your car with good soap like MEGUIARS

2. clay bar your car. (you will need to buy a clay bar kit which includes the clay and a quick detailer spray)

3. wax the car with a good clear coat wax (ie: Meguiars gold class wax)

I have used meguiars pro products for all my cars i have ever had and its by far the best. you can visit their website if you need to know what these prodcuts are.

also, remember your car is black so use THE SOFTEST CLOTH you can..usually microfiber

Good Luck, let me know how it goes