My 99 Gs3 Thinks My Passenger Door Is Open Help!

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. My Gs300 thinks that my door is constantly open, but it's not. The reason why it happened was because i was trying to replace the courtesy bulb on the passenger door with some tweezers (like an idiot) because it was smoking hot and I think i short circuited something. Now the lights stay on and the car keeps beeping when I drive it, thinking that the passenger door is still open. I've tried changing the door fuse located under the glove, but still doesnt work. Any Suggestions??

Or if anyone can direct me to the door sensor, I would appreicate it! thanks

The door open/closed switch is part of the door latch, inside the door.

Check to see if the switches for the lock and window operate on the door. If they do not, I would go to checking fuses for the door control module. Each door has such a module.

The fuses concerned are located in the passenger side footwell, under the dash.

P RR Door 20A & P FR Door 20A

If the fuses are good and the buttons function on the door there are two possibilities. The door latch switch has failed and you need a new latch. This is a common part. My 1998 has had 3 of the 4 replaced thus far. Otherwise, you may have damaged the door control module, but it is less likely. A simple disconnection of the main battery for a few minutes may reset it.