Gs Or 745?

Im just confused on which to go with.

I have a GS. but if you are looking into the new models, I am personally not fond of the look on the new gs's the rear looks a lot like a camry for rookies.

The 745 has a beautiful look and great performance. I would go with the 745 even though I LOVE MY GS!!

Im just confused on which to go with.

I have a GS. but if you are looking into the new models, I am personally not fond of the look on the new gs's the rear looks a lot like a camry for rookies.

The 745 has a beautiful look and great performance. I would go with the 745 even though I LOVE MY GS!!

Thank you.

I think your comparison should be along the lines of GS or 5 series... or LS vs. 7 series... personally I'd go for the more economical and reliable choice... the lexus. As awesome as the 7 series is, unless it comes with an awesome warranty I'd be wary of it. My top pick would be a 530.

What year is the 745 it sounds like 1997-2001 before they change it to that ogly body style. Just a suggestion make sure you know a mechanic that can do BMWs. The maintenace on those will cost you easily $1,000 just to look at it. They get more expensive as they get older. The Lexus are not as bad in maintenace cost if you know someone. The Lexus under the hood are all Toyota parts, which is cheaper!

Gs without a doubt.

I've owned both. I had an 04 745Li, 03 Gs430 and 05 Gs430.

the dash and controls in the BMW are AWFUL. I never got used to them. The stupid thing started talking to me as soon as i opened the door... It took me a few minutes and a headache to get the thing to move. I don't feel the materials are up to par with Lexus either. Just feel the dash and leather and tell me what you think. It did have some power though...

I would take the Li over the new Gs's though, only because of looks. I don't find the new Gs's (or any 06 or newer lexus') attractive AT ALL. I haven't owned an 06+ Gs but i have no desire to.

If it came down to the 01-05 Gs430 or Bmw 745Li, i would pick the lexus. If you're interested in the 745 with just the i, i think that's just a rip-off. The extra room in the backseat with the Li is nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also owned both a 02 745 Li and a 98 GS400. I also owned a BMW 00 540. Of these cars the 540 was the best driving car I have ever owned. I was convinced to move up to the 745 which was a nice car (good power and comfort), but the 540 was a good mid-sized car that could drive all day on the interstate or be thrown around and handle great.

Actually my 745 was totalled (hit at 70mph on the interstate on the side - guy lot it on a ramp in the dark and rain). I opened the door and walked from the 745 with no injuries. So I had to have a car quick and had a friend who owned multiple Lexus and swore by them. I found my 98 GS400 and have been driving it for about 5 years.

I really like my GS400 it has power and comfort. It does not handle as well as the 540, but is a lot nicer inside and a lot easier to operate. I do not typically need to throw my car into a 4 wheel drift so the handling is still good on the GS400.

Now to the original question the 745 is a LOT bigger car. Still quirky inside like the 540 with great handling, but a lot of car to try to move around. Also, the Lexus will just run - the BMW is a quality car, but will have some items that will need repaired sooner. If you need a large car with a large back seat and do not mind the quirks the the 745 is your car. If you like a full size car with great engine and reliability then go with the GS. Also if you are interested in the pre-06 GS models, they did not change much from 98-05 so you could get one a lot cheaper. Hope this helps.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...