Lesux Ls400 Manual

SalVage

Anyone have a link to a online owners maual for a Lexus LS400? i googled it but cant seem to find one

Also A Few Questions I Have:

Can you leave Overdrive on all time?

What is the "ECT" switch/ Light do/mean

there are some onwer's manual on eBay, simply refine your search :-)

yes, you can leave the overdrive always on but the car wont shift to 4th gear

ECT = Electronically Controlled Transmission. when ECT/Power light on, tranny will delay some time before shifting to next gear for faster acceleration (compared to Normal mode)

Anyone have a link to a online owners maual for a Lexus LS400? i googled it but cant seem to find one

Also A Few Questions I Have:

Can you leave Overdrive on all time?

What is the "ECT" switch/ Light do/mean

Go to lexus.com >owners tab > register and follow the prompts and you will be able to download the owners manual for free.

You owe me a beer :cheers:

Actually, when overdrive is engaged, the transmission will shift through all the gears. When the overdrive is off, it will only shift up to 3rd gear :)

yes, right. its kind of puzzle, when overdrive light is on, it says .../OFF

"yes, right. its kind of puzzle, when overdrive light is on, it says .../OFF?. If your OD/OFF light is 'on' on the dash then OD is off. When no light appears, OD is on (engaged by pushing the OD button on gearshift, disengage when button is out).

On another note, I believe you can only get '98 and later manuals to download. Any earlier models, they will send you a "replica" of the original manual for the year of the car you requested.

Hope this helps.