Anyone Know How To Create Mp3 Dvds?

Seems to be no info on the forum from anyone who got this to work. This would be the best feature of the system by far, as a DVD is >4GB and the changer can hold 6 = > 7,000 songs at 320Kbps!

Saw all the info on DVD-Audio and I'm not interested in DVD-Audio or other audio formats nor in any hacks to play or view DVDs on the screen, etc. Just MP3s on DVD...

Please, if anyone knows how to create a DVD with MP3s on it which can play on the Mark Levinson stereo post here...

TIA

SW

• 2 weeks later...

get your hands on nero burning rom version 7 (or higher if its out yet?), it has the option of making a jukebox audio dvd which allows you to put mp3s onto dvd and play them back as they would if they were burnt onto a cd-r, works on my dvd player perfectly, hope this helps ;)

Seems to be no info on the forum from anyone who got this to work. This would be the best feature of the system by far, as a DVD is >4GB and the changer can hold 6 = > 7,000 songs at 320Kbps!

Saw all the info on DVD-Audio and I'm not interested in DVD-Audio or other audio formats nor in any hacks to play or view DVDs on the screen, etc. Just MP3s on DVD...

Please, if anyone knows how to create a DVD with MP3s on it which can play on the Mark Levinson stereo post here...

TIA

SW

I thought about the same thing. Unfortunatly the Lexus ML system can only play MP3 files from a CD. I have read on this forum that people have tried DVD's with MP3 files but they would not play in the ML system.

If you look in detail at the owners manual I think it only mentions MP3 playback from CD not DVD. It a bummer becuase it would be handy.

Just go with DVD-Audio... it's still 6 1/2 hours of music per disc.

I don't know if that would make a difference. The DVD disc is indentical for DVD-V or DVD-A. However the data format is different so perhaps the DVD-A format may allow MP3's to play on the ML system. Do you know of an authoring software for DVD-A? I would like to experiment one day when I get a chance.

Hmmm, I took a quick look at the Nero website. It does not mention any capabilty for buring DVD-Audio discs. DVD-A is not all that popular so Nero may work but they didn't feel the need to mention DVD-Audio capability it in the sales information.

Trust me, it'll do DVD-A...

*snicker*

Hmmm, I took a quick look at the Nero website. It does not mention any capabilty for buring DVD-Audio discs. DVD-A is not all that popular so Nero may work but they didn't feel the need to mention DVD-Audio capability it in the sales information.

*snicker*

OK, well I finally got NERO 7 Ultra, and I tried finding "DVD-A"...

If I select "Nero Burning ROM 7" I get a screen which has a lot of optioins, but no "DVD-A..."

If I select "Nero Express" I get a screen that says "Jukebox Audio DVD" and when I use this to create a DVD, my GS450h ML system simply ignores the DVD I create. (using DVD-RW).

Could you provide step-by-step on how to use NERO 7 for this? I'd really appreciate it...

:cheers: I download Cucusoft Ultimate DVD + Video Converter Suite to convert DVD's and videos to play on my ipod video , it can support almost any portable device including iPod, iPhone, Zune, PSP, video capable MP3 players, video capable mobile phones, and Pocket P.C., etc.

I think it is powerful , maybe you need it , I download it at http://www.oursdownload.com/dvd-video-converter.html

*snicker*

OK, well I finally got NERO 7 Ultra, and I tried finding "DVD-A"...

If I select "Nero Burning ROM 7" I get a screen which has a lot of optioins, but no "DVD-A..."

If I select "Nero Express" I get a screen that says "Jukebox Audio DVD" and when I use this to create a DVD, my GS450h ML system simply ignores the DVD I create. (using DVD-RW).

Could you provide step-by-step on how to use NERO 7 for this? I'd really appreciate it...

humbly edited....

Does anyone know a quick wiring fix to get the audio inputs in the Rear Entertainment System to play through the car speakers instead of the headphones only? I can get the Video to work but the Audio will not play through the main car speakers. I have a 2004 GX 470.

TIA

SW

Ok, here's the deal with this.

You actually have a couple issues here.

Your CD changer won't play a DVD audio disc not because of the disc format, but because you need to have 192 KHz / 24 bit D/A converters. The sampling rate of a CD is 44.1 KHz. which means that your ML system uses only 96KHz 16 bit D/A converters. That's why a DVD player can play a CD, but a CD player can't play a DVD. Now, if you ML system has a DVD player, then you can utilize that drive to play DVD audio discs. But here again, you would be limited to 1 disc. Unless you have a 6 disc DVD player.

If you want more music space, may I suggest using an iPod interface? Then you can have 80 gigs of music and video with a much more searcahable library and storage system. Let's say you loaded 1500 songs on a DVD audio disc and one day you wanted to listen to a specific song, what, are you gonna scroll through 1200 songs to find it?