Dressing Up My Stock Is350 Brakes!

Guys,

After about 3,000 miles my brakes were going from a flat black to a faded, chalky black. I decided I wanted to get them to look better than stock.

My solution was to get the calipers powder coated gloss black. So far everything has gone exactly as I hoped. It was easy to get both the front and rear calipers off, and just as easy to disassemble the calipers.

Currently the car is still apart but I just got the calipers back from the powder coater. I’m going to upgrade to a DOT4 break fluid when I reinstall everything on Thursday. I will make sure to post more pictures of the car when it is completed.

Thanks,

Joe

Here are the pictures! They start from begining to end. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Front Rotor:

DSCN0270.jpg

Front Caliper and Pads:

DSCN0271.jpg

Bottom of Front Caliper:

DSCN0272.jpg

Front Caliper Piston:

DSCN0273.jpg

Back of Front Caliper:

DSCN0274.jpg

Driver Side Front Caliper:

DSCN0275.jpg

Rear Brake Assembly, Suspension and HKS Exhaust:

DSCN0276.jpg

Front Suspension:

DSCN0277.jpg

Rear Caliper Assembly:

DSCN0278.jpg

Rear Caliper Pads:

DSCN0279.jpg

How difficult was it to reinstall front and rear pads? I've only worked on my 99 Accord where you have to screw the (1 pot) piston back in on the front brakes when reinstalling new pads, and use a C-clamp on the rear pots.

Are the front brakes 4 pots and the rears 1 pots? How good are the factory rotors & pads? What are most people upgrading them with?

You gotta upload pics of the brakes installed!

They also offer a ceramic paint kit for brake calipers that cost about 20 bucks and you don't have to take the calipers apart or even off the car. Works great.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The breaks were really easy to take apart and re-install. Just take your time and look them over. I considered the caliper paint, but in my opinion the brush on kind never looks as good as a good as quality powder coating. I considered painting them a different color, but it is my wifes car and wanted to keep the car very simple and clean looking.