Navi In Ls430

pm_ls430

Hello all,

Great forum.

I am picking up a 2004 LS430 on Thursday. I am getting a pretty good deal on it. It is the car I wanted, but it does not have navigation in it. It has the full digital screen for radio and climate, but navigation is not included.

Does anyone know if it is possible to add a navi system that will integrate directly with the existing setup? To use the system as if it were factory installed?

If so, any idea on cost? Would I need to go to a dealer?

Thanks for your help!

Does anyone know if it is possible to add a navi system that will integrate directly with the existing setup? To use the system as if it were factory installed?

You can not add navigation. I asked about that. It's better to buy a portable one. With the portable ones, you can go online and update the maps at no cost. With the built-in navigation, you must buy the DVD for $350.

Angie

Why are you buying a used car that is not equiped the way you want and then wanting to spend a small fortune to add nav? If you want OEM nav, back out of the deal and go find an LS430 with nav. Many options - especially nav- are almost "free" when you buy a used LS. According to the unrealistically high Kelly Blue Book, nav adds only $450 to the trade-in value of an "excellent", average mileage (51K miles) 2004 LS430.

The real world target price of a used car is generally somewhere between the Kelly trade-in value and the private party value.