Probably Dumb Radio Question

js0873

I've got a question that's probably dumb but I'll ask it anyway since I didn't find it quickly in the manual or the forum . I have a (new to me) 2004 430. It has the nav system, and I'm wanting to know if there's any way to keep the display on the radio if I want to, to see the text on stations from XM that provide name and artist, as an example. I know I can always press Audio to get to the display for about 20 seconds or so, but it always reverts back to the navigation display. Is there any way to keep the display on the audio, and then only manually revert back to the nav display when and if I want to?

I've got a question that's probably dumb but I'll ask it anyway since I didn't find it quickly in the manual or the forum . I have a (new to me) 2004 430. It has the nav system, and I'm wanting to know if there's any way to keep the display on the radio if I want to, to see the text on stations from XM that provide name and artist, as an example. I know I can always press Audio to get to the display for about 20 seconds or so, but it always reverts back to the navigation display. Is there any way to keep the display on the audio, and then only manually revert back to the nav display when and if I want to?

I complained about this aspect of the GPS/Nav shortly after I purchased my new 2001 AWD RX300. Except in my case I wanted the OAT to stay "on screen" since it was wintertime traveling in MT and I wanted to know if the OAT was near or approaching freezing. Here it is 16 years later and I guess not enough of us have complained about the display reverting to the useless moving map.

I pop the nav DVD out of the player when the GPS is not in use to avoid the "I agree" aspect but seemingly there is not way to keep any other display "up". After buying a portable Garmin the only time I use the Lexus nav is to remind me just how unsatisfactory, in comparison, it really is.

I complained about this aspect of the GPS/Nav shortly after I purchased my new 2001 AWD RX300. Except in my case I wanted the OAT to stay "on screen" since it was wintertime traveling in MT and I wanted to know if the OAT was near or approaching freezing. Here it is 16 years later and I guess not enough of us have complained about the display reverting to the useless moving map.

I pop the nav DVD out of the player when the GPS is not in use to avoid the "I agree" aspect but seemingly there is not way to keep any other display "up". After buying a portable Garmin the only time I use the Lexus nav is to remind me just how unsatisfactory, in comparison, it really is.

Actually, I just now found a way to do it. If you go into Options/Information/Screen Setting and turn off the first option there (switch from screen or something like that), that does the trick.