Free Car Washes At Dealer?

i got the solar sheild option on my is250 and the dealer gave me free car washes for life. sounded too good to be true but so far so good, i bring it in once a week and keep the car lookingh awesome. is the free carwash something that MY dealer does or is it all lexus dealers? i got it at lexus of riverside in so cal.

My dealer said that if you drive in to any Lexus dealer in the country you get a free car wash. I haven't tried it since my car gets a washing once a week and the nearest dealer is 50 miles away.

Others on this forum in the Detailing and Car Care area state that some dealers use a mechanical wash which eventually will ruin the paint. It might pay you to ask your dealer.

If you want to know if you got a special deal with the washing, the answer is no.

i got the solar sheild option on my is250 and the dealer gave me free car washes for life. sounded too good to be true but so far so good, i bring it in once a week and keep the car lookingh awesome. is the free carwash something that MY dealer does or is it all lexus dealers? i got it at lexus of riverside in so cal.

That's cool. I'll like that option :)

But is it gonna be hand wash? I'm gonna have to ask this when I negotiate on the car ;)

I work Saturdays doing Lexus customer washes. At my dealer they offer it to everyone whose purchased there vehicle from them. Salesmen have told me to not wash anyone else's car from another dealer and to direct them to the service counter to have them schedule a detailing appointment. I cant say I've ever had to do that yet, but I do warn them of the consequences if a salesmen catches them.

We do hand washes. Well I do. My co-works tend to use a brush, I refuse to. I make sure they don't on new cars and ones that are black. I would recommended doing it yourself unless you happen to get a guy as particular as me washing your car, I treat customer cars the way I treat my own. I've only heard of mechanical car washes at domestic dealers so far. I suppose it due to higher volume, or lack of care.

My dealer said that if you drive in to any Lexus dealer in the country you get a free car wash. I haven't tried it since my car gets a washing once a week and the nearest dealer is 50 miles away.

Others on this forum in the Detailing and Car Care area state that some dealers use a mechanical wash which eventually will ruin the paint. It might pay you to ask your dealer.

If you want to know if you got a special deal with the washing, the answer is no.

You only get it if you purchase the car through that exact store and that doesn't mean any Lexus dealer in the country. I wish it did tho ;)

I always use the touchless car wash and do the detailing myself. The car has never been touched by anything but the wash solutions and microfiber cloths. There's not a scratch or swirl mark on it. If I go to the dealer, I tell them not to wash it.

I always use the touchless car wash and do the detailing myself. The car has never been touched by anything but the wash solutions and microfiber cloths. There's not a scratch or swirl mark on it. If I go to the dealer, I tell them not to wash it.

I always wonder if the solution / water pressure is safe for the paint. I've been using the touch less car wash for a while myself but for a long run, is it good for the paint? The pressure seems really strong and the solution maybe quite harsh. I don't know... I was just wondering... :unsure:

I always wonder if the solution / water pressure is safe for the paint. I've been using the touch less car wash for a while myself but for a long run, is it good for the paint? The pressure seems really strong and the solution maybe quite harsh. I don't know... I was just wondering... :unsure:

Keeping a good coat of wax and sealant on the car should protect the paint. I'd much rather use the touchles than trust some yahoo with old diry rags and a dirty bucket of water to wash it. Mine's coming up on two years old and not a blemish on it.

DCP_0135.jpg

wholecar.jpg

Keeping a good coat of wax and sealant on the car should protect the paint. I'd much rather use the touchles than trust some yahoo with old diry rags and a dirty bucket of water to wash it. Mine's coming up on two years old and not a blemish on it.

DCP_0135.jpg

wholecar.jpg

Very nice IS you got there my man.

DCP_0135.jpg

wholecar.jpg

Very nice IS you got there my man.

x2

how many miles?