Rear Spoiler Issue

Have you guys ever had problems with a rear spoiler on the IS 250? I had them add a rear spoiler. I picked up my brand new car 2 weeks ago and realized (after 2 hours of owning the car) that the sides of the spoiler were NOT connected to the trunk!

I called and they brought it in....ordered a new spoiler. and said that there are screws in the middle of the spoiler, but the ends are held down with adhesive. Apparently, the adhesive was not keeping.

I just picked it up with the new spoiler, and the sides are STILL coming up. It's not nearly as bad, but it's still not connected.

Have you guys ever experienced this? I LOVE my car, but this is a bit annoying after only owning the car for 2 weeks.

Any suggestions?

I've heard this a couple of times. It seems some of the spoilers come in warped, don't fit and the tape can't hold the ends down. The solution if for them to keep trying till they get one that's straight and that will solve it. It's a pain, but I think it's the only way.

Have you guys ever had problems with a rear spoiler on the IS 250? I had them add a rear spoiler. I picked up my brand new car 2 weeks ago and realized (after 2 hours of owning the car) that the sides of the spoiler were NOT connected to the trunk!

I called and they brought it in....ordered a new spoiler. and said that there are screws in the middle of the spoiler, but the ends are held down with adhesive. Apparently, the adhesive was not keeping.

I just picked it up with the new spoiler, and the sides are STILL coming up. It's not nearly as bad, but it's still not connected.

Have you guys ever experienced this? I LOVE my car, but this is a bit annoying after only owning the car for 2 weeks.

Any suggestions?

Make very sure they're cleaning the trunk to remove all traces of wax or polish. Lexus say to use Windex. Usually the adhesive is plenty strong enough.