Sc400 Used Price

I am looking at a SC400 with 180k miles. First, is this a good idea, or am I looking at a car with three wheels already in the grave.

Second, what would be considered a fair price for this car, what would be considered a great price (from my perspective), and what would be considered a bad price (from my perspective, too high)?

Thanks for the help, and I look forward to joining both the board and the Lexus owning population.

P.S. - No mechanical issues I could see, interior is in good but not perfect condition, all accessories work, paint is in good but not perfect shape, and it's from a used car dealer.

The KBB is like $12k, which is totally unrealistic compared to what you find on Craigslist, eBay, and Autotrader. Even the dealer admitted the KBB was unrealisitc, which is why I'm finding it hard to judge.

They are advertising $9k. The dealer says they have $6k invested in the car and are willing to let it go for $7k. It is in Charleston, SC.

With only a vague understanding of the car I sure as hell wouldn't pay $7,000 for a 180k car from a dealer (I'll assume it is not a Lexus dealer). It would be one thing if it was the owner and there was documented maintenance dating back to a more youthful time period.

If you have a local lexus dealer, have them do a used car certification check for about $100. They should be able to pull up the lexus service history and you can get the car fax. Does it have the power steering leak common after 100,000mi? Was the timing belt changed? These are expensive repairs. If you are going to buy any used lexus spend $100 and have lexus look it over.