Which Year To Buy?

I don't think there are any problematic years, but I would suggest you go with new enough to get the current A/C refrigerant, R134a, and not R12. I think the change over year to R134a was 1994. To be safe, look for 1995 and newer. We have a '95 and it's as "modern" as many new cars.

What's your budget? I'd probably snag a 93 M/T if I were looking for another ES... Last of the manuals+3vz-fe & cheap cheap cheap to own/maintain/fix.

Otherwise... For that generation I'd buy a 92 M/T, or a '96. I'm not the biggest 94-95 fan (it's mechanical & electrical reasons. Nothing personal hehe)

The best way to evaluate market value is with Edmunds True Market Value estimator... http://www.edmunds.com/tmv/used/index.html ...that one is roughly coming in at a low of $15K and a high of $18K. May want to run the specific features of that vehicle and see what you get. Overall it sounds like a very nice deal.

You can also go to and check this year to see what people have written in about it.