5 Star Wax?

I was wondering if any one has seen the advertisement for this 5 star wax stuff. Is it any good? Does any one have any info on it other than the claims of the manufacturer? What is it exactly? If it's so good why haven't I heard of it before? Is it really good or not? etc. etc. etc.

I was wondering if any one has seen the advertisement for this 5 star wax stuff. Is it any good? Does any one have any info on it other than the claims of the manufacturer? What is it exactly? If it's so good why haven't I heard of it before? Is it really good or not? etc. etc. etc.

yes, been posted on autopia for about like 2 years. Not many like it and a few due.

Personally, I don't buy products from manufacturers who flat out lie about their products' capabilities. These 5 Star people assert things that are just complete lies. Stay away.

Personally, I don't buy products from manufacturers who flat out lie about their products' capabilities. These 5 Star people assert things that are just complete lies. Stay away.

Thanks. When I read the ad I was thinking to myself the whole time " Why have I never heard of this if it's soooo good and lasts that many years??? Everyone's heard of Finish 2001, and Nufinish, and they only claim 1 year. Of course they are a commercial product. I know.But so is this it seems.

I have a friend that works at a car dealership, I give him the wifes Volvo to run through the "Auto Butler". I have to say that when the car comes back the finish really is amazing. I have no idea what they use or the process, He doesn't know either, but when I put my hand on it, it feels, well, slickery smooth. Your hand feels almost no resistence or friction when you pass it over the fender. Last weekend I gave the Lexus 2 coats of Magiure's gold, and when her car came back it still "felt" smoother than mine. I'm almost tempted to give him the Lexus, but not until I find out what they are using and the process. Which is what brought me to this 5-Star question. They were claiming that dealerships use their product for finish warrenty's. My freind at the dealership says that the Butler lasts for 6 months or so. But if you buy a car from them and purchase the "Butler service package", they will auto butler your car free 3 times a year for as long as you own the car. He does our cars free, but I hate asking, so I was looking into to see if I could find out info on my own. I guess I should just go down there and look for myself.

OOOhhhh, but I do. I used Maguire's Clay bar, and detail mist first, then I used their polish with an orbital buffer, then 2 coats Gold class wax. ( It's a labor of love you know.) ;)

Then the difference you feel is simply in whatever LSP they're using (last step product, wax, sealant, etc). Play around with it until you find a product you like the feel of.