Dash Diagnostic/center Dash Failure

TwoToneLex

Does anyone know how much it cost at the dealer for a dash diagnostic..I just bought my IS 300 with a DVD player/In dash TV and it shuts down the clock, outside temp and the light on left air knob. It usually happens when it rains but also at random times. The only part of the dash effected is the center not the driver side gauges. Any input would be helpful.

You'll have to be more precise as to your problem here. When does the DVD player affect the dash lights? why do you think the dvd player is the reason the clock/temp and left air knob lights go out? if it happens when it rains and also at random times?

You may just have a loose wire, or a short in there. Is the DVD player wired to the same circiut as the dash that is affected?

You'll have to be more precise as to your problem here. When does the DVD player affect the dash lights? why do you think the dvd player is the reason the clock/temp and left air knob lights go out? if it happens when it rains and also at random times?

You may just have a loose wire, or a short in there. Is the DVD player wired to the same circiut as the dash that is affected?

Well when I bought the car it already had the after market DVD player so i assumed that its installation of the player was the cause of the dash failure. I'm not sure if the DVD is the cause of the clock/temp and left air lights to go out but i would think that it is robbing power or causing parts of the dash to short out. Now that i think about it, the left air knob light is always out even when the dvd and clock are on. But when it rains it always goes out.

Ok, have you looked in the fuse box under the hood, next to the engine? Maybe some moisture is getting in there and messing with it. If that looks good, then you'll have to look along the fire wall and see if you can find were the wires and moisture are coming into contact. If you say when it rains is when the problem arises. As for the rest of the lights, you either have some burned out LED's or a bad fuse. ( LED lights require such a small amount of electricity, I doubt very much the DVD player was connected that circuit. It would have to be before the load resistor, and then it wouldn't matter anyway, as the resistor would reduce the voltage and wattage anyway. But I think you may just have a bad LED. The fuse would effect more than just one.