Sunglasses Cabin !

Hi guys.

Im from Europe, and drive an IS.

besides from a rearview mirror that cant stay still and some weird noises at the back buttom of the car(underneith) from time to time, It drives fantastic :)

But!!!

In the middle-up (where the LED lights are situated) there is supposed to be a small cabin for your sunglasses. But in Europe, there is only a plate.

You can remove the plate and put in the cabin but it cant be ordered here because (so they say here at lexus...) they dont have the article number.

Only for the GS and LS :(

Can any of you guys in America (or someone outside Europe) ask at your dealer for the article number for that accesoire?

I would be really greatfull.

Greetings from Belgium

Frank Gorissen

Hi Frank

In some countries they still put ashtrays and lighters in the cars like here in South Africa.In others they either put the cover or the glasses compartment.We can order the case but it costs R 1500 /€ 150 and I feel that is too expensive .I put my glasses in the middle arm rest .It is much cheaper.

Tell your dealer not to be so lazy and to look on the system for part number. If we can do it in a third world Country then I think you guys can do it :cheers:

Good luck

Paul

It's my understanding that in some countries there is some wiring behind that plate.

Has anyone pulled the plate out for a look?

I think my dealer made a comment about it not being able to be included with the moonroof. So, I assume, the lower spec 250 without moonroof should have the sunglass holder. Is that right?

I think some of you are confused. We are not talking about the section above the rearview mirror.That plate is only there if you don't have a sunroof .We are talking about the place just behind the gear lever where some people have an ash tray.The replace the ashtray with a glasses case.

It's my understanding that in some countries there is some wiring behind that plate.

I think my dealer made a comment about it not being able to be included with the moonroof. So, I assume, the lower spec 250 without moonroof should have the sunglass holder. Is that right?

not true, i have the moonroof and holder, 250 in the US

The noise in the rear is probably the emergency brake, it needs adjustment. I had this noise and it took the top tech to adjust it right before it stopped. The emergency brake has shoes in the inner rear rotors. Each side/shoes have to be adjusted to spec and then the cable has to be adjusted. If it is done any other way you will get this noise/rattle.

Hi guys.

Im from Europe, and drive an IS.

besides from a rearview mirror that cant stay still and some weird noises at the back buttom of the car(underneith) from time to time, It drives fantastic :)

But!!!

In the middle-up (where the LED lights are situated) there is supposed to be a small cabin for your sunglasses. But in Europe, there is only a plate.

You can remove the plate and put in the cabin but it cant be ordered here because (so they say here at lexus...) they dont have the article number.

Only for the GS and LS :(

Can any of you guys in America (or someone outside Europe) ask at your dealer for the article number for that accesoire?

I would be really greatfull.

Greetings from Belgium

Frank Gorissen

Frank,

This has been covered in the UK forum. Have you flipped the compartment down yet? It hinges from the front just like the glasses holder so use a blade or similar to pull down from the back of the plate. If it's like mine, as its likely to be, you'll find an electronics module installed in what is the glasses storage in the US spec. The module is part of the anti-intrusion alarm system. If you're really desperate to find a place for your sunglasses then buy the Lexus storge compartment that replaces the ashtray and lighter in front of the stickchange.

That's how I heard about it. Someone in UK, I believe pulled it off and found wires. I'm not sure about sunroof though.

YOU can get the JDM box here, if you want to spend big $$

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2168

That's how I heard about it. Someone in UK, I believe pulled it off and found wires.

Yes, that was me, I live in the UK but have an office in Houston so spend a lot of time there...re. the cover, it is not just a cover plate, it's a compartment that flips down from hinges at the front, but it has an electronics module screwed into it that takes up most of the room.

YOU can get the JDM box here, if you want to spend big $$

That's why I said he could buy it if he was that desperate...big bucks for what it is.