Orange Odometer Light

Hi,

I just got my IS 250 2 days ago and when I was driving to work this morning on the freeway, a redish-orange light (in a ring form) lit up on the odometer. It says in the manual that a red warning light will appear if the engine reachess a "dangerous speed." I wasn't going terribly fast - maybe 70 or 75. Any ideas? Am I driving the car too fast during the beginning (does it need to be driven more slowly for the first 1000 miles or something?)

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Hi,

I just got my IS 250 2 days ago and when I was driving to work this morning on the freeway, a redish-orange light (in a ring form) lit up on the odometer. It says in the manual that a red warning light will appear if the engine reachess a "dangerous speed." I wasn't going terribly fast - maybe 70 or 75. Any ideas? Am I driving the car too fast during the beginning (does it need to be driven more slowly for the first 1000 miles or something?)

Thanks,

Elizabeth

O dont even worry about that, you can set the colored rings to go off at anytime. The standard set is for the orange to go off at 75 or 80, and the red goes off at 100, its more to just remind you of your speed, it doesnt mean your going to fast for the car...

its actually like the bmw thing where it tells you when to shift. its suppose to add to the experience.

I think he's talking about the speed alert ring on the odometer rather than the rev alert on the tacho.

Either way, they can both be adjusted. :cheers:

I had no idea that the tach ring had any impact on where the car shifts. I just assumed it was a visual indicator. Was this in the owner's manual (which I haven't spent much time in)?

It doesn't. But you can set it to work as a shift indicator light. You'd only use that when shifting in manual mode.