Upper Control Arms (holy Jesus!)

PLF

TCPAUL,

Ditto.. I ordered the Arnott arms, put them on last night and by the time you torque the bolt to 83 ft/lbs the crown nut is above the slot to put in the cotter pin.. Soo. I need to get me sum washers like you did and make up the space.. But I say they are a good replacement, my lexus handles so much crisper, the front end is nice and tight and I got rid of a front end slight wobble at 60mph...

The clunking over small bumps is almost gone, I think there is some nomal sounds, but they are really reduced a lot..

I think the Lower ball joints/ Rear carrier's, Front stab link bushings and UCA's are the most important to this car.. in that order of importants to help the car achieve factory driveability with higher miles..

i saw that too! YESS my 93 is clunkin up front. I wasn't gonna fix it.. but for $200 i might as well! wohoo!

If you're clunking when hitting potholes, bumps, etc I would investigate lower ball joints first. Much cheaper, easier to install, and fixes the infamous 1LS clunk most of the time.

Just replaced my right front, and it took less than an hour from wheel off to wheel on.

And they are 55 bucks a pair on Ebay!

Pishta,

Where are you finding them for $55 a pair? I fount them for $89 at the lowest.

• 1 month later...

IS400- Search the term LS400 ball joints on ebay. You should see them as one of the results.

Has anyone with the Arnott UCAs on had any durability problems [yet]?

Given their reputation with LS400 suspension, I am leery of buying these arms. However, I could buy three sets before they cost as much as the Lexus parts...

Regarding installation, it seems that I should make sure to have some washers and perhaps a hammer handy. Has anyone else had any other problems?

Thanks!

IS400- Search the term LS400 ball joints on ebay. You should see them as one of the results.

Has anyone with the Arnott UCAs on had any durability problems [yet]?

Given their reputation with LS400 suspension, I am leery of buying these arms. However, I could buy three sets before they cost as much as the Lexus parts...

Regarding installation, it seems that I should make sure to have some washers and perhaps a hammer handy. Has anyone else had any other problems?

Thanks!

Arnotts are very good deal. Dont use a hammer, get a puller. No need for washers really just tighten up the nut and install cotter pin. That nut is going nowhere and you still have the cotterpin just in case. If something ever comes loose you will hear it long before

One more question.

Has anyone tried to put their Daizen bushings into the Arnott UCAs?

Thanks.

Why would you? They come with beautiful rubber bushings in em.

That's good to hear. I already have a puller and in fact have already ordered the arms this morning. If nothing else, the service is fantastic as Lisa Arnott was extremely pleasant when she had to call me to follow up on some minor details.

I ask about the Daizen bushings because I already have ordered an entire set for the front end. If while I have everything apart, I could put them in, that might make sense. From what I understand they (Daizen) should tighten things up some and be more durable in the long run. However destroying(?) whatever is in there now (Arnott) may not be the best idea when I could simply wait a long time until they wear out on their own.

Thanks for your input.