Battery Died..had To Jumpstart

Helllo,

Well the wife went to Lunch only to call for a Jump on the LS460 with 2100 Miles. My questions: is there a constant drain somewhere?, Can the lights be left on accidently? and if left on for 2hrs will that drain the battery, Is it possible to have a bad battery?, Can an interior light be left on?

You would htink that when you leave the car with the key that lights would go off automatically.

Should I take car to dealer?

Thank you

ALex

Alex, I would definetly take the car back to dealer, it's brand spanking new, and NEVER,NEVER,NEVER, did I say NEVER jump start that car, you might burn a circuit or two, call LEXUS for sure. Sorry to hear that, what a nice machine.

An

Alex, I would definetly take the car back to dealer, it's brand spanking new, and NEVER,NEVER,NEVER, did I say NEVER jump start that car, you might burn a circuit or two, call LEXUS for sure. Sorry to hear that, what a nice machine.

An

Read the manual and some of the TSBs. Once the battery dies many of the systems have to be reinitialized. Lexus Dealer really needs to look over the systems. As best I can tell, they are the only ones who can reinitialize some of the systems. They can also measure the draw when everything is 'turned off' which is never, but see if the residual draw is within normal parameters. Usually it is an open door or something like that. The 460 has door closers which shoud eliminate that issue, but there are other places for the electrons to flow as well.

perhaps it was just a bad battery. dont think too much of it.

even my toyota sienna has a feature where the interior lights turn off automatically after 30 minutes. Im sure a flagship from lexus has something of the same feature.

Its actually fairly common, the battery was drained at some point when the car was built, was it on the showroom floor? They'll replace the battery, no big deal.

• 1 month later...
Its actually fairly common, the battery was drained at some point when the car was built, was it on the showroom floor? They'll replace the battery, no big deal.

Hey everyone. My father purchased a 460L last April and his battery died this morning as well.