Interior Mirror Attachment

mjmsmg

The interior mirror in my 02 RX300 has detached from the window mounting plate. According to my Lexus dealer, there is a small tab that has broken off part of the attachment assembly on the mirror. They are saying that because this $5 part is broken, I need to replace the full mirror assembly at a cost of $900!!!!

I am now looking at trying to use epoxy or some other adhesive to glue the mirror assembly to the window mounting plate. Has anyone had this problem?

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what sort of adhesive might work?

Thanks

Mike

The interior mirror in my 02 RX300 has detached from the window mounting plate. According to my Lexus dealer, there is a small tab that has broken off part of the attachment assembly on the mirror. They are saying that because this $5 part is broken, I need to replace the full mirror assembly at a cost of $900!!!!

I am now looking at trying to use epoxy or some other adhesive to glue the mirror assembly to the window mounting plate. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks

Mike

Thanks

Mike

I did have this happen on a non-Lexus vehicle of mine and successfully used an adhesive to hold the mirror in place with no future problems. Before using an adhesive, consider two possibilities. Contact a salvage/junk yard to see if you can purchase a mirror attachment from a wrecked vehicle. Second, ask an area Toyota dealership if they have the part you need from a comparable Toyota vehicle. I have found some parts for use on a Lexus are far less expensive when purchased at a Toyota dealer.