91 With Weird Antilock Problem! Help!

dpellet

Hi All,

Thanks for having a look at my question(s).

Purchased a 91 a few months ago and although a little rough around the edges it has been great.

Todate I have:

- Replaced rack, pwr str pump & high pressure line and the shop wound up paying for a new spiral cable at the same time.

- Installed new plugs, wires, rotors and caps and K&N Air filter.

- New sway bar bushings & tranny mount & Alignment

- Windshield

- New AC unit light bulbs (Anyone know if the stereo lights are as easy??) and misc. dashlights that were burnt out or missing!

Now here's where the questions come in, the trac light that comes on when system is engaged was missing and the antilock, door ajar and trac off lights were burnt out and all work great now. The car when started has all the lights on that go out correctly including the trac off and antilock and I can turn the trac on and off before heading out just fine. I even tested the trac system on gravel by doing a small brake stand and listening and watching for activation and it works fine but as soon as I go into drive and start out both the antilock and trac off lights go on and stay on and this has been the same since i replaced the lights.

Yesterday I remote started the car got in and started off and low and behold both the lights (trac off and antilock) stayed off just like they were supposed to and I was able to turn the trac on and off. I got to my destination and had to turn the car off and when I returned and started out it reverted back to having the antilock and trac off lights come on and stay on until I turn off and go again.

This and a few minor points to be addressed over time such as shocks, strut bushings front and rear, brake job (still have 40% rear and 35% front) are about all this beautiful thing needs.

Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it seems the problem may be of a relatively minor nature but I'm not sure where to begin, oh and codes indicated at some point Kick down switch had a short, and the trac motor was locked due to a short but this one has been cleared and has not come back.

Many Thanks!