How Do I Change The Idle Speed? 93 Es

Greetings all,

Sorry it's been so long since my last post, I've kinda not been driving for about a year! (still have my license, but moved in close to work).

Anways long story short, my poor ES was recently the innocent victim of a weary driver. Luckily the guy stopped and left his details.

I've had it back and forth to the repairers for abt 6 months because I wanted it perfect, and after finally getting the panels right, I'm having mechanical proplems.

They returned it to me with a flat battery, so we jump started it, but the idle speed is at abt 500. I recall it being at around 1200 at start up, dropping back to around 800 after 20 secs or so. As it is at the moment, I can't even put it in drive without it turning off.

I can't seem to find the screw to adjust this, can someone please post a pic of this? (if there is one).

thanks all,

- Gav

On the throttle plate linkage. The arm on the firewall side of the throttlebody that moves when you pull the throttle plate linkage open.

The screw is on that. Allen wrench in the middle to hold it while you turn the nut.

I don't think this is your problem. If your idle valve works, then the computer will idle the engine at what it wants to idle at. All you're doing is forcing it to move. Basically... I think you're trying to medicate a symptom of another problem, instead of actually inding & fixing your problem. Check for a vacuum leak, and check / replace the idle valve.