What's That Noise When I Step On The Go Pedal?

Rya

What is that noise when I accelerate? It's not a click, not a thump, not a grind.... ooo, I'm having trouble describing it. It sounds like it's coming from the rear of the vehicle, almost like a valve opening & closing. Like a soft "pop" & I think I can evel feel it when it happens - the noise has a tone to it as opposed to a mechanical type sound. The noise is intermittent. I heard it when I test drove the RX back in May & told the dealer about it. They said it was fixed (it was taken to the local Lexus dealership). Any thoughts? Thanks!

What is that noise when I accelerate? It's not a click, not a thump, not a grind.... ooo, I'm having trouble describing it. It sounds like it's coming from the rear of the vehicle, almost like a valve opening & closing. Like a soft "pop" & I think I can evel feel it when it happens - the noise has a tone to it as opposed to a mechanical type sound. The noise is intermittent. I heard it when I test drove the RX back in May & told the dealer about it. They said it was fixed (it was taken to the local Lexus dealership). Any thoughts? Thanks!

If it's not a thump or a grind it must be your stiletto heels slipping off the pedal, JK... :lol:

i do sometimes hear a thump, and it has to do with the hesitation from the tranmission.

its like the sound of closing a lid on a tupperware box.

YES!! A tupperware lid most closely resembles the sound. Is this something that needs to be fixed or just one of the quirky things about this vehicle?

ive never complained about it. I think its natural.

Ok, thanks. Just so that nothing is wrong with it - I'm ok with it. I normally don't hear it - loud music & all! But it bugs my hubby so I wanted to make sure. Thanks!