Diagnostic Testing

The search feature is really worthless.

Anyhow, is lexus the only place to do a diagnostic test, or can other places do them for less money?

I believe awhile back my mechanic said only lexus can do them, but maybe he meant something different.

Lexus wants $100 to do it.

Thanks for any help.

The search feature is really worthless.

Anyhow, is lexus the only place to do a diagnostic test, or can other places do them for less money?

I believe awhile back my mechanic said only lexus can do them, but maybe he meant something different.

Lexus wants $100 to do it.

Thanks for any help.

It depends on what you mean by diagnostic test. Is an engine light on your dashboard? If it is anyone should be able to read it as you car should conform to OBD2 standard. I know up here Autozone offers free scan for diagnostic codes, but any decent shop with a scan tool can read codes. Just remember reading codes and interpreting codes are two different things. For some stupid reason, people think one code means one answer. Codes have diagnostic trees with multiple outcomes. Thats why dealers and shops charge fees if you want a solution.

The check engine light is on. The manual shift won't work. It only blinks 'M' with no gear reading and shifts rough when in auto mode. Anybody else experience this type of problem?