No sound coming from front main speakers on 93 LS400

Russ

At the time that I bought my 93 LS400 I did not notice it, I guess the rear speakers must be pretty good, but the front main speakers do not output any sound. The tweeters do, but not the main ones. I'm looking around to find replacement speakers, but before I buy the car speakers and set out to take the car apart I want to make sure it is the speakers that are problematic and not something else. Any ideas on this? Afterall, what are the chances that both front speakers blow?

Thanks,

Russ

• 2 months later...

Have you changed your speakers already?

Providing you checked out whether the FAD and Treble have been adjusted, you might want to follow the speaker wires behind the carpeting and closest to the firewall. Make sure they are still connected and not separated. Also, you might want to check out the wire connected to the head radio. On one of the LS400 forums I mentioned how to take the climate control and radio out if you need to know.

I had a similar problem with my 92 sc400. All of my speakers quit except the rear and they weren't very loud. This happened about the same time that I needed a AAA jump to start the car. I went home and cleaned off the positive terminal post which was very corroded. All of a sudden I had the front tweeters working, but the main speakers are still out. I checked both of the radio fuses, but they're fine. I suspect that the wiring harness connected to the battery on the plus side may be a clue as to the problem.

Can you help identify the site with your instructions for checling the wires?

Thanks,

Ron

• 4 months later...

I had the same experience, at first I didnt notice that the front left speaker wasn't working... I'm going to get it looked at from the guy that will be installing my new CD changer.. hopefully everything will work out

i'm not sure about your year, but in mine when i got this problem i found out later that my amp, which is under the passenger seat was damaged due to cleaning, i checked the amp and figured out that 3 out of 4 outs were dead. output transistors exploded because of water. so you might as well check your amplifier outputs.