Changing Gear Ratios...

Is it possible on a 2000 ES300? Would it take ECU reprogramming? I had a 98' Civic before I got m ES300 so I'm just learning about cars becuase a 105hp 4cyl. isn't worth doing anything to. Just an idea. I don't need to go over 110 (passing purposes) so why not change the gears. Whats the fastest you all have hit in your ES300? Haven't got mine past 130. I'm not intending to race my car because its an ES300 but it just seems like a waste to be able to have the potential to go that fast when its never used. It would also help me from not being tempted to risk getting a crazy expensive ticket and possibly arrested. The car just does 110+ so effortlessly and so smooth its hard to resist putting on the cruise control at 100. Maybe I should just wait till I pick up a Supra or maybe a Lexus LF-A (I wish!) All thoughts welcome. Thanks.

BRYAN

• 2 weeks later...

No, it's dumb for a hundred reasons. Not the first of which is the effort & labor involved for gaining *BLEEP* in accelleration performance.

The technical answer is yes. You could pay to have a customt ransmission made. You could also technically swapt o any other U series differential.

Technically you can modify anything you want, but nothing is avalible off the shelf. Plus It's not a rwd car where you ust drop the differential out of the car in five minutes of beating axles out. It takes hours upon hours of hard labor to get the engine & transaxle out. Separate the transaxle, tear the entire transaxle apart, tear the differential apart. Then rebuild it.