Lx450 Idle Speed

tem

Well, it,s me again. Waiting for the rain to stop so that I can fix a small electrical problem.

If familiar with how you can leave the headlight switch in either of the on positions, and they will turn off automatically while exiting the vehicle.

Mine does that perfectly, but with no delay. Don't most vehicles hold the headlights on for 15 to 30 seconds after the door is opened??

But my problem is this. If I open the rear hatch, the lights turn back on and STAY ON !!

I traced the problem to the ground side of the Hatch Latch Switch. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, or has fixed same, but my plan is to pull the latch and repair the switch.

But, while I'm waiting, I was wondering, How steady is your HOT IDLE ( engine warmed up )??

Mine runs anywhere from 625 RPM to 950 RPM. I thought the ICV was supposed to control the speed. My BMW runs 700 RPM on the Mark!!!!! No Deviation for anything.

Your comments will, as always be Greatly Appreciated.

Best Regards,

Tom

1997 LX450 Green / Beige 70,000 miles

On my 450, the idle fluctuated very little, but not in the 100 of RPM. When I replaced the air filter, I got the air intake hose out; so I clean the throttle body also. I helped the idle a lot.

On my Laser (Mitsubishi engine), I had the wild idle problem when the engine warmed up. It turned out to be bad Idle Speed Control motor (ISC motor). The coil's resistance in the motor goes bad when there's change in temperature. I think that the motor controls the amount of air misture by turning a spindle in or out. The motor is controlled by the engine's ECU. I'm kind of new to the Lexus world so I haven't looked into the air control mechanism for it.

Thi

Just a note about the headlights -- they only turn off when the driver's side door is opened. I was a dope one foggy morning -- had the headlights on and engine still running, walked around to the passenger side to get some papers for work, then reached across to remove the key from the ignition. Well, the lights stayed on and drained the battery.

Back to what you're talking about though -- no, there's no delay because the headlights cut off when the driver's door opens.

As for the rear hatch causing the lights to go back on, I've never had that happen.

Hot Idle on mine is about 750. Not much fluctuation.

Cheers,

Doug