Question About "i Agree" Welcome Screen

Hello! I recall seeing a post on this forum that showed how to bypass (eliminate) the welcome screen on the navigation system that requires you to press "I Agree" each time you use the vehicle. Could someone repost this information please? I couldn't find it on a forum search. Oh, I have a 2007 RX400h.

Hello! I recall seeing a post on this forum that showed how to bypass (eliminate) the welcome screen on the navigation system that requires you to press "I Agree" each time you use the vehicle. Could someone repost this information please? I couldn't find it on a forum search. Oh, I have a 2007 RX400h.

Here's a link to the override screen:

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=12526&st=0

There are several posts all accross the web ... that was just a quickie I saved a long time ago. Worked on our '06 400h but we don't need this method any more. I know this doesn't work on a lot of the newer models though. The sure fire "cheep" method is to disconnect the speed sensors but you didn't hear it from me. The pricy method is to buy the lockpic device from costaltech.com but if you email them (folks often complain about unreturned email) you need to include the 'e' ... as in ecostaltech.com ... it took me a few hours to install it but I'm pretty retarded at 1st time install thingies.

good luck, and welcome to lexusownersclub!

What else do the speed sensors do, should one "inadvertently" disconnect them?

Tom

This is where you have to be carefull, if you "inadvertently" disconnect them. Say you're on ice, and you over-rev the engine, you can damage the hybrid system ... similar to having the system in neutral, and going down a steep hill doing 80mph then sticking it back into gear (I hear it won't harm the system if you're doing 20mph or less though). Of course the up side of no speed sensors is if you were on ice ... you won't have the wheel spin disconnect either that some complain about ... so you may be able to unstick yourself quicker ... you know, if you DID inadvertently disconnect the sensors :P

• 2 weeks later...

it says:

Navigation Motion Override

1)Push MENU Button on bezel

2)Tap the VOLUME soft button

3)Tap top left of screen (where the speaker icon is), then the bottom left, then top left again and finally the bottom left again.

**Perform these taps in rapid sequence. Do not be tentative or it might not work.

4)The Service Menu should appear.

5)Press and hold the OVERRIDE soft button until it beeps and is highlighted.

Full NAV function should now be available until you shut down the car. This can be engaged while in motion but must be repeated each time the car is restarted.

Be cautious experimenting within the Service Menu as you could cause yourself some problems with your Prius is you push the wrong combination of buttons.

im gunna try it out and see if it works on my 07 400h. but apparently it doesnt work on the 06+ prius's.

The very best solution, ABSOLUTELY the best, is to remove the DVD from the GPS/Nav drive in the spare tire well and NEVER again use it.

My portable touch screen voice prompting Magellan is a FAR better GPS/Nav than is even the 6.1 version in the Lexus. The Magellan system will route me correctly every time whereas the Lexus system will change its initial routing to the correct one as I follow the Magellan's shortest routing. Strange, the Lexus obviously has adequate mapping resolution but will almost NEVER finds the shortest route initially and in some instances has routed me almost 2 hours out of the way, incorrect shortest route, on a five hour trip.

It will be even worse if you do not set all road types to EQUAL MPH limits.

The very best solution, ABSOLUTELY the best, is to remove the DVD from the GPS/Nav drive in the spare tire well and NEVER again use it.

My portable touch screen voice prompting Magellan is a FAR better GPS/Nav than is even the 6.1 version in the Lexus. The Magellan system will route me correctly every time whereas the Lexus system will change its initial routing to the correct one as I follow the Magellan's shortest routing. Strange, the Lexus obviously has adequate mapping resolution but will almost NEVER finds the shortest route initially and in some instances has routed me almost 2 hours out of the way, incorrect shortest route, on a five hour trip.

It will be even worse if you do not set all road types to EQUAL MPH limits.

The reason you are experienceing this behaviour is that you are defeating the search algorythum by setting all the road types to EQUAL and you are misunderstanding what is ment by "shortest".

The Lexus plans your route to take the least amount of "time" based on the presets for the 3 catagories of road which (as you have noticed) you can adjust. So yes, if you have freeways set to 99mph and major streets set to 15 mph, Lexus will route you all over hell and creation to get you to your desination in the least amount of "time".

If you truely want the "shortest" route, then when you select your destination you notice you can pick from 3 different routes. The first 2 are competing "quickest" routes that are optimized for "time", and the last one is the one you want which is optimized for "distance".

If you don't go thru this selection step but just use "Guide" then it will always default to the the first of the "quickest" routes since that is what most people would be interested in.

For LA driving, I have freeways set to 75 MPH and major surface streets set to 35 MPH. That way I can just selecte the Guide and get the shortest "time" route based on clear freeways. If I encounter traffic, I can downselect to shortest "distance" and it will take me across on surface streets without trying to put me back onto the freeway.

Hope this makes sense.