Timing Belt Kit On Ebay

ontoy

well bando is the oem belt, but according to that you get either a bando, flenner or conti belt. now conti belts are good but oem is oem. never heard of flenner.

as for the pump gmb makes a great water pump and is oem on certain vehicles.

seems to me that you actually don't know what you're getting until you get it.

spoke to the ebay seller, he said i will be getting the bando brand for the timing belt. he wasn't sure about the water pump though. is bando really the OEM for the timing belt, cuz i called our local lexus here on honolulu,hi and all he told me was the belt is a toyota brand. so is anybody out there could verify this for me, it would be a great help. they also suggested to change out the thermostat, should i include this....the local lexus dealer quoted me for just the parts alone for a 90k was $605. now you know why i went with ebay and take a risk on ordering non OEM parts.

i received the kit today and this is what i got......yeah i know it's not OEM (OEM QUALITY). i'm kind of worried on quality of this product. anybody else wants to comment on this. according to anthonyiez it's OEM.

2678410750047719761vDBzEB_fs.jpg

2280298580047719761hCsIzp_fs.jpg

• 3 months later...
spoke to the ebay seller, he said i will be getting the bando brand for the timing belt. he wasn't sure about the water pump though. is bando really the OEM for the timing belt, cuz i called our local lexus here on honolulu,hi and all he told me was the belt is a toyota brand. so is anybody out there could verify this for me, it would be a great help. they also suggested to change out the thermostat, should i include this....the local lexus dealer quoted me for just the parts alone for a 90k was $605. now you know why i went with ebay and take a risk on ordering non OEM parts.

Did you use the timing belt kit that you got from ebay? How is that work out for you?

• 4 months later...
Yes. I used the timing belt kit from ebay.

A honda mechanic work on it and he charge me $350 for labor.

it's been 8 months and everything is all good.

Hey Ontoy,

I have a 92 es300 and I live in Honolulu. I wanted to have my timing belt/water pump done but the everywhere I called around was quoting about $1100 to 1600. What is the name and/or number of the shop you took yours to. I can get the t-belt/pump kit for about $200, which includes everything. I just need someone to put it in, but I want to be able to trust they know what they're doing.

alexxus,

like i said above i took mind to a honda mechanic who was referred to me from a friend. Send me a private mail cuz i don't want to just mention his name and # here in this open forum.