Ac Codes

NikolinaJ

Hi,

Can somebody please tell me what do these codes mean in english and if there is a way for me to fix this by myself?

Open in air mix damper position sensor circuit. Or, open or short in air mix servomotor circuit. Or, air mix servomotor locked.

Open in air inlet damper position sensor circuit. Or, open or short in air inlet sensor servomotor circuit. Or, air inlet servomotor locked.

My tech wants me to replace AC Compressor and I'm not too sure about it. So can I get some help please? Thanks

Hi,

Can somebody please tell me what do these codes mean in english and if there is a way for me to fix this by myself?

Open in air mix damper position sensor circuit. Or, open or short in air mix servomotor circuit. Or, air mix servomotor locked.

Open in air inlet damper position sensor circuit. Or, open or short in air inlet sensor servomotor circuit. Or, air inlet servomotor locked.

My tech wants me to replace AC Compressor and I'm not too sure about it. So can I get some help please? Thanks

"air mix......"

Don't know your MY but for early LSes check the coolant flow valve to the heater core to see if its seized. Its mounted at the top center of the firewall in the engine compartment and and should move from fully closed to fully open as you move the control back and forth from 65F to 85F, full heat to/from maximum cold. If it does not move then remove the push pull cable from the valve and see if it, the cable end, then will move. If it does then the water flow valve is stuck, a fairly common failure. With the push/pull cable off you should be able to grip the water flow valve control "arm" and fairly easily move it full travel, about 90 degrees.

"air inlet...."

By removing the dash mounted glove box entirely you should be able to observe the air inlet door/damper move from fresh airflow to recirculate as you switch between those modes.

None of these have anything to do with compressor failure or not.

I don't have my shop manuals here at the office but it may be the these two servomotors share a common fuse and a stuck water flow valve caused the fuse to blow.

Hi,

"air mix......"

Don't know your MY but for early LSes check the coolant flow valve to the heater core to see if its seized. Its mounted at the top center of the firewall in the engine compartment and and should move from fully closed to fully open as you move the control back and forth from 65F to 85F, full heat to/from maximum cold. If it does not move then remove the push pull cable from the valve and see if it, the cable end, then will move. If it does then the water flow valve is stuck, a fairly common failure. With the push/pull cable off you should be able to grip the water flow valve control "arm" and fairly easily move it full travel, about 90 degrees.

"air inlet...."

By removing the dash mounted glove box entirely you should be able to observe the air inlet door/damper move from fresh airflow to recirculate as you switch between those modes.

None of these have anything to do with compressor failure or not.

I don't have my shop manuals here at the office but it may be the these two servomotors share a common fuse and a stuck water flow valve caused the fuse to blow.

Thanks for that,

Can you please tell me if this can be used on every car or is it just for a certain model?

http://www.turboninjas.com/camry/ac.pdf