Has anyone heard anything new about the is-f? i've seen pictures and talked with a lexus salesman that used to work at my dealership and the information is very vague. i believe they are supposed to appear in late july but i want to know if they are just like driving an is 250 or 350? does anyone know anything about this mystery car??

Has anyone heard anything new about the is-f? i've seen pictures and talked with a lexus salesman that used to work at my dealership and the information is very vague. i believe they are supposed to appear in late july but i want to know if they are just like driving an is 250 or 350? does anyone know anything about this mystery car??

yea i got a brochure in the mail about it. Jesus, FAST. they are speculating well over 500horse. a V8 tho which i thought was strange. I dont have the brochure any more so i cant remember if its N/A or not im pretty sure its got a Turbo tho. thats all i really remember if the brochure comes up again ill post what it says.

When I read about the IS-F it was just a prototype and nothing was said about going to production. When they presented the car at the auto show they still said nothing about the release date. Last I heard was the magazines calling it a 2008 IS-F. But nothing official. All the attention is on the LF-A which Lexus has confirmed will be their supercar. Iv'e seen video footage and that car is one bad boy!!!! So I'm guessing that Lexus has some decisions to make. Do they release the IS-F and the LF-A? It will be very interesting to see how they go about that!!!

From what I know, both the LF-A and the IS-F will be available in 2008 (albeit towards the end, perhaps). The IS-F is roughly 400hp/350tq and the unveiling can be seen here -

I can imagine the IS-F will run around $60k loaded, considering a fully loaded IS350 is pushing 50 g's.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2008 IS350 last wednesday and asked my car salesman about the IS-F. He told me that he ordered one. He had to put a $10,000 deposit down on the car that's non-refundable and the car is gonna be minimum $65,000. It only comes with white leather interior, which suck's and they are only offering it in a couple colors, but they are really cool though, especially the blue, which is the one he's getting. He also told me that it should be coming in around January. I'm not sure if that's right, but I'm just going by what he said. The car is going to be amazing! I wish I would have known it was coming out in January, I so would have waited! I didn't find out though until the day I picked my car up, oh well!! :cries:

Come on lads...how come you don't know all about it? I saw it at the Houston Autoshow and it's been doing the demonstration circuit around the USA ever since, so a lot of people have driven it.

Personally I prefer the Audi RS4...or for a bit more money the Audi R8.