Cooled Seats

I find that even though I've set the seat cooling to 3 (max), it's barely doing anything at all in terms of cooling. Does anyone else experience this or do you find that it works well?

Also, mine cools the bottom seat cushion only and not the seat back even though the whole thing is perforated and looks like it should cool everywhere.. what gives? I almost hope that mine is broken and this is not by design. Anyone else have these problems at all?

Ugh, just did some more looking around before and posting and realized that the seats aren't "cooled" but rather just "ventilated". I could swear the first time i used them they felt real cold but never have since then.

Thanks.

I find that even though I've set the seat cooling to 3 (max), it's barely doing anything at all in terms of cooling. Does anyone else experience this or do you find that it works well?

Also, mine cools the bottom seat cushion only and not the seat back even though the whole thing is perforated and looks like it should cool everywhere.. what gives? I almost hope that mine is broken and this is not by design. Anyone else have these problems at all?

Ugh, just did some more looking around before and posting and realized that the seats aren't "cooled" but rather just "ventilated". I could swear the first time i used them they felt real cold but never have since then.

Thanks.

This is the same experience that I've had. However, in the 115 degrees that I've been experiencing when visiting Palm Springs, having that cooling air on my butt sure does help!!!! And, yes, it's only the bottom part that the air "ventilates" through!

This was actually discussed a few weeks / months ago. The seats' fans suck up air from the footwell, so if you're not directing some of your AC at your feet the seats are just going to push that warm stuffy air to your butt and back.

Try setting the AC to put more air towards your feet and see if you can tell a difference.

This was actually discussed a few weeks / months ago. The seats' fans suck up air from the footwell, so if you're not directing some of your AC at your feet the seats are just going to push that warm stuffy air to your butt and back.

Try setting the AC to put more air towards your feet and see if you can tell a difference.

Aah yes I should've searched for "seats" instead of "Cooled seats". Here's the old thread: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...28&hl=seats

Thanks for the info!