Suspension Noise Issue Plus More Questions

cfm56

Wife drives an 03 is300. When she goes over speed bumps or sometimes turns sharply (when its cold not warmed up) the suspension seems to make noises that are a mix of squeks. I was thinking either the rubber componants on the shock/struts are going bad. I cant think of nothing else. Anyone want to share their thoughts or advice?

Also im new on here and i want to do my own brake's...are their any tutorials on here for that ?

Other questions....want to do my transmission gasket/filter/fluid change... i hear that you dont change the filter just the fluid (this is what the dealer told me)...is this true?

Okay last one :) i want to flush my power-steering system...any tutorials for that or any advice from anyone?

Thanks for all the help guys/gals.

Im used to the SRT4forums so this forum is a little bit diff in its arraingment of topics...so this is why im asking the questions all at once.

If your running stock rims and haven't changed the tire dimensions then you may just need the chassis lubed and sway bar bushings checked as Bartkat mentioned.

I just changed out all my brakes. I ran into nothing special or different about these brakes from any of the other hundreds of cars I have changed brakes on. In fact if there is anything it was the ease at which Toyota made it to work on. I switched to steel braided brake lines, EBC green pads, Power Slot Cryo slotted rotors all the way around, painted and decaled the calipers. Start to finish one Saturday.

Transmission: how many miles do you have on the car? If you haven't done a transmission flush every 30,000 miles or less, then I don't recomend doing it. Because there will be alot of tarnish on the gears and bands. If you flush it, it will clean all that tarnish off, and then there will be gaps there, and you will have hard shifts and even gear slipping. And yes, you don't have to replace the transmission filter. In Lexus / Toyota, the filter is really just a fine mesh screen. So unless you have a leak, I wouldn't bother dropping the pan.

As for power steering flushes, yes, fluids over time break down. So I would at most use a turkey baster and pull the fluid from the resevior and replace it on a regular basis. It's easy enouph to do regularly and will keep the moisture out of the system.