Front Seat Clips

Jhall143

I am in Real Estate and recently had a customer who brought their kids along for the ride. From the back seat, the kids managed to pull on the seat pocket on the back of both front seats causing the clips to snap. These clips hold the middle insert panel into the seat. The dealer says that the whole thing has to be replaced and you cannot just re-attach the clips. They want $600 a piece for them. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim --

if you found the broken clips, glue them back on. You can see where the break is. get some epoxy from any hardware store etc. There's hardly any stress on these clips, so this fix will be fine.

This is from personal experience. I had the leather replaced by the lexus dealer. The leather was somewhat "wrinkled" surrounding this thing, so i tried pulling it off to get better access, and broke BOTH top clips. I used the epoxy to glue the clips back on, and everything's fine.

It's not like anyone will ever see the fix anyways.

Good luck and ask if you have any other questions. This is something you can do in your garage for less than $3.00 in under 10 minutes.

if you found the broken clips, glue them back on. You can see where the break is. get some epoxy from any hardware store etc. There's hardly any stress on these clips, so this fix will be fine.

This is from personal experience. I had the leather replaced by the lexus dealer. The leather was somewhat "wrinkled" surrounding this thing, so i tried pulling it off to get better access, and broke BOTH top clips. I used the epoxy to glue the clips back on, and everything's fine.

It's not like anyone will ever see the fix anyways.

Good luck and ask if you have any other questions. This is something you can do in your garage for less than $3.00 in under 10 minutes.

Great Idea.