Idle Speed Cold>hot Remains The Same?

lexus082

Is there one thing that sticks out after I describe the following symptoms. When the engine is started the idle speed is around 1,000 rpms. After the engine begins to warm-up the idle speed does not decrease. It stays the same as when the engine was cold. Also, when the a/c is turned on the idle speed drops about 100 rpms. No check engine lights on at all.

suspected areas:

- water temp sensor

- intake air temp sensor

- TP sensor

- Idle Speed Control valve

- AC signal circuit

- accelerator pedal link

- dash pot

- PS idle-up

unfortunately a lot of things to be checked

I was experimenting tonight and I turned on the a/c which made the rpm's drop, then the rear defroster, headlights, high beams, blower motor on high, and four way flashers. As I turned on each one the rpms lowered each time. Then when I began to turn everything off one by one the rpms raised ever so slightly. I used to hate to see the check engine light come on, now I wish it would come on to tell me whats wrong with the car. So it seems its not compensating for the extra load.

Recently, I had taken the car to Lexus to get diagnosed and they told me I needed a new throttle body. From the car idling high and the symptoms above does this make any sense (as far as the throttle body needing to be replaced.) In the past I've had Lexus misdiagnose some problems which cost me big bucks for their mistakes. I wasn't about to pay $700 for a new throttle body to find out it wasn't the thottle body. I think this is the most complicated problem I've had with the car since I've owned it. I hope Lexus is correct and its just the throttle body thats causing the high idle speed. I guess I'll find out when I swap it with the used throttle body, whenever its delivered. Otherwise its off to a different Lexus dealer to diagnose.