Strut Bar Bushing Replacement Tutorials

landar

I have the dreaded 'clunk' on my 98 LS400 with 63k miles. Just examined the strut rod rubber bushings and

they are dry rotted with cracks showing in the rubber. Now, I am new to Lexus and this forum. I have tried to do

a thorough search on strut rod bushing replacement and believe I can do it with the info posted(thanks to all who

contributed).

One thing that I learned thru reading is that the strut bar design changed rather significantly between the gen 1 and gen 2 designs.

The 'bushings' and 'cushions' talk was confusing until I realized this difference.

Does anyone know of a good DIY tutorial for a gen 2 strut rod bushing replacement with pics (other than the service manual)?

If not, I could take pictures of the process and post with detailed instructions. Would this be of interest to anyone?

It would be of interest to me, for one. I also have a 1998 LS400, and may be heading for the same repair in some months from now. It would also be the same for a 1997 LS400, I suppose.