95 Ls400 Needs Transmission

billhinton

95 LS400 with 185,00 mile needs transmission. Great car so do I go Aamco, used, dealer?

It must be good and dependable. I live in Atlanta.

TIA

Bill

as far as im concerned a rebuilt tranny is jus as good as a new one and u get a waranty with aamco thats good for at least a few years.. dealer will butt rape u .. and a used one can only be good for so long.. :rolleyes:

Be an informed consumer. Ask Aamco if they have ever rebuilt that series Toyota trans. Maybe not. Go to the dealer and find out their price on a factory exchange unit - the dealers don't rebuild them, just install factory reman units. See if the prices are in any way close. I would go with a Toyota/Lexus unit long before I let Aamco fool with it, the price isn't too far apart.

Neve go to Aamco!!

They will get your tranny out of you car first (charging$300-500) for inspection. They will then charge you a high price when you will have no other options but accept it because your tranny is out. Very very tricky.

Never never never never goto Aamco, they'll rape you more than the dealer, happened on my 97 Accord. Just get a refurbished tranny.