Door Locks Died In Ls430

Pursuit

Hello everyone I have an 02' UL and my door lock died on my passenger side. I am kinda frustrated and also scared of the cost of repair. Has this happened to anyone else? If it has what was the cause? Please reply as I am going to the Mechanic Staurday and I really dont want to go in there blind. It does not work with the switches at all.

Thanks,

Ed

I received terrible news about my lock this morning. Since I have the easy close door on the UL, the door lock is 530 dollars for parts alone and 700 dollars installed. :cries: I am in complete shock that such a minor part could have such a high price tag from Lexus. I have verified the accuracy of this price and it sorely disappoints me. Judging by this experience if my car has 2 or 3 more electrical problems it will be impractical to even keep this thing. I thought these outrageous prices were reserved for Mercedes and BMW's. :censored:

have you had your car exclusively maintained by the dealer? How many miles does it have? Lexus sometimes will give you a goodwill warranty, if you maintained your car and ask nicely. No joke.

I was looking through some old maintenance records of my old ls400 and the owner got free Upper control arms about 3 years ago. All he paid was labor. The car had 160k at the time.

Lexus will work hard to keep you in the family. And this goodwill warranty works for both the dealer and the consumer. He bought an LS430 and an RX330 from them. its win-win-win.

Also remember dude, lexus parts are expensive but Lexus is in the same category as BMW and Merc, so the prices are high, but not unlike the competition.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone I have an 02' UL and my door lock died on my passenger side. I am kinda frustrated and also scared of the cost of repair. Has this happened to anyone else? If it has what was the cause? Please reply as I am going to the Mechanic Staurday and I really dont want to go in there blind. It does not work with the switches at all.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed, I am having similar problem with my 91' LS400. The driver side door won't open from the inside or outside for several months now, which means I have been climbing thru the passenger side. This was ok with me but now the passenger door started bugging out too; it wont open from the inside so I have to stick my hand out on the passenger side in order to get out of the car. Did you take your car in to get fix? Did they tell you what was wrong? Approximately how much did you pay to get it fix?

I hope your car is ok now.

Sincerely,

Carmen

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed, I am having similar problem with my 91' LS400. The driver side door won't open from the inside or outside for several months now, which means I have been climbing thru the passenger side. This was ok with me but now the passenger door started bugging out too; it wont open from the inside so I have to stick my hand out on the passenger side in order to get out of the car. Did you take your car in to get fix? Did they tell you what was wrong? Approximately how much did you pay to get it fix?

I hope your car is ok now.

Sincerely,

Carmen

Carmen I paid 700 dollars to have it fixed. Dont get scared just yet as that was high due to my car being the ULTRA edition that has the automatic door closers. It is quite a bit cheaper for regular LS's.