New Brake Pads Are Great

Someone was kind enough to post a link to a warranty notice from Toyota that says Toyota will replace front brake pads on 07 IS250/350 at no cost (I cant find it now but it is legit).

I took mine in for the replacement last week - I have to tell you the car stops sooo much better now. The old pads were so grabby I thought for sure someone was going to rear end me every time I had to brake hard. The new pads generate less dust and I expect they will last longer also.

It is definitely worth getting them replaced.

Someone was kind enough to post a link to a warranty notice from Toyota that says Toyota will replace front brake pads on 07 IS250/350 at no cost (I cant find it now but it is legit).

I took mine in for the replacement last week - I have to tell you the car stops sooo much better now. The old pads were so grabby I thought for sure someone was going to rear end me every time I had to brake hard. The new pads generate less dust and I expect they will last longer also.

It is definitely worth getting them replaced.

Good to know, thanks! Do you mind posting that link as well?

Thanks.

Good to know, thanks! Do you mind posting that link as well?

Thanks.

Tango gets credit for posting this once before (at least the one I remember):

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ost&id=6803

Other than the dealing with annoying brake dust for an extra year or two, is there any downside to getting 15k miles out of my original pads before getting them changed?

If buying a replacement, did you get the sense there was a price difference between the new vs. old pads? Do they retail for the same price? Anyone know if iron toad stocks this latest version?

Can't say 100% but I think it's the same as the GS350 brake pads.

The brakes on my IS250 are very, very grabby. At first I hated it, but now I love it. I have to be real gentle for normal stopping, but for "omg a cat darted out into the road" the car'll stop on a dime.

I can't decide whether I want to take advantage of this or not.

• 1 month later...

So I take it the replacement brake pads are ceramic. I've been reading about ceramic pads and they sound perfect and it sounds like a no brainer to have done:

http://www.aa1car.com/library/ceramic.htm

I'm I missing something here? Has anyone had any problems with these replacement pads? Or are people just waiting for their current ones to wear out?

So I take it the replacement brake pads are ceramic. I've been reading about ceramic pads and they sound perfect and it sounds like a no brainer to have done:

http://www.aa1car.com/library/ceramic.htm

I'm I missing something here? Has anyone had any problems with these replacement pads? Or are people just waiting for their current ones to wear out?

I just had mine changed. I have about 5k miles on the car. I've only driven about 50 miles on the new pads, but I don't feel any difference stopping. I'm not a particularly aggressive driver, so I'm usually not attempting to stop at the physical limits of the brakes. I would probably only notice if there is a big difference.

I haven't put enough miles on to tell if the dust problem is gone with the new pads, but the original pads were definitely dusty. I've been washing the car about every 500-700 miles, and the front wheels are always a mess by the time I wash them.