Adding Memory Seats. Anyone Do/try/price It?

The one stupid thing we didn't notice when getting our IS250 is that it didn't have memory seats. :unsure: We miss that off our old GS430. I've searched through a few threads and only found people saying it's cheaper to trade it in and get one with it already but that aint cheap. Anyone know if it can be added and/or how much? I can't believe it's much more than a software upgrade and probably a switch with wiring that is already there (somewhere) for it.

Its a powered seat, which means it has motors in the seats, which means different seats and different wire harness. Yes the seats are very expensive and yes it would be cheaper to trade than to retrofit, not that any dealer would even consider retrofitting

Sorry, wasn't clear. We already have power seats, just not the memory part.

As for asking the dealer.. does anything ever come out of their mouths that sounds cheap/reasonable?

I said ask the dealer so you'd get an idea of their price. You could probably do it for half that, but it gives you a number to start from. If half their price is too much, then you know. There is probably a whole memory seat/memory steering wheel computer that you'd need. Just my guess, but you can always find out.

Or you could go to http://techinfo.lexus.com/ pay $10 for 24 hours of download access and get the electricals and the parts diagrams for both types of seats and see what's involved. You can download the entire tech maunual there, one PDF at a time.