Is 350 Pricing - Is This A Good Deal Or No?

Hello again, I just posted concerning the IS 350 vs the TL Type-S...I wanted to put this in its own thread to hopefully get some more specific responses...

I got a quote today from my local Lexus dealer for an IS 250/350 and I was rather shocked at the prices...especially for the additional items...can you all tell me if this is about right or am I getting shafted?

IS 350 w/ Premium Package (incl. Nav, Rear Spoiler, preferred accessory package, etc)

MSRP: $42,407

My Price: $41,399 <--- HIGH?? (1k off sticker...not much at all)

Ground Effects Kit/Body Kit

Retail: $2,495

My Price: $1,900 <-- Thought MSRP was $1500 or so?

XM Satellite Radio

Retail: $995

My Price: $895 <-- $485 MSRP??

18" X-Package Alloy Wheels (exchanged)

Retail: $3,600

My Price: $3,499 <-- I fell out of my chair! And this is includes giving up the tires and wheels that come stock...

HKS Exhaust System

Retail: $1,899

My Price: $1,799 <-- Not sure about this one...

Extended Warranties

6 Yr/100K: $1,750

7 Yr/100K: $2,025 <-- These both seem a little high, but would like some input.

IS 250 w/ Premium Package (NAV, rear spoiler, preferred accessory package)

MSRP: $38,127

My Price: $35,487

I would appreciate any feedback or other experiences...if I am to get an IS 350 I need to make sure I get the best deal possible. This is in South Texas (San Antonio).

Yeah, the exhaust isn't something I am too concerned about...I just wanted to know a price on it. I won't be touching it for that price...

Any other comments or recent pricing from anyone else?

Maybe this is normal for Texas, but you can do much better in Southern California.

Last Thursday (Last day of the month), the lowest quote I got for MSRP $42,052 (NAV, Premium Plus, and Accessories) was for $37,400. This was in Ontario, CA. I didn't take this one.

The lowest quote I got for MSRP $45,732 (Luxury Plus, NAV, Mark Levinson, XM, Spoiler, and Accessories) was for $41,174. This was in Newport Beach, CA. I didn't take this one either.

I used these as leverage and I went with one with the Luxury Plus, NAV, Mark Levinson, Accessories and Dual Exhaust. I didn't want a rear spoiler. MSRP $46,391. I got it for $41,500.

The internet quote system was a great tool.

Hi there, I'm a new member of this forum. I just got my IS a week ago. My deal was IS350 Premium package (NAV, rear spoiler, accessories). I got the deal for $38,500. I think it's depend on location, but I'm pretty happy with the deal.

Hi there, I'm a new member of this forum. I just got my IS a week ago. My deal was IS350 Premium package (NAV, rear spoiler, accessories). I got the deal for $38,500. I think it's depend on location, but I'm pretty happy with the deal.

manchi - What dealer did you use around Atlanta? Any contact names? I am in the Market in the next couple of months, and I live in Birmingham. Atlanta is not far to go for a good deal.

Cliffj

Those are some good prices...I wonder if I can get my dealer down anymore. Compared to the other dealers in the area though this is a pretty good price...here is my final quote:

$40,207

07 Lexus IS 350

Smoky Granite (Exterior)

Black Leather (Interior)

Premium Package:

Auburn Bird's-Eye Maple Interior Trim

Perforated Leather-Trimmed Interior

Heated & Ventilated Front Seats

Lexus DVD/NAV

Bi-Xenon HID Headlights

18" Alloy Wheels

Preferred Accessory Package

Rear Spoiler

XM Satellite Radio

The XM added about $500 or so to the cost so before that I was about $39,700...

Maybe this is normal for Texas, but you can do much better in Southern California.

Last Thursday (Last day of the month), the lowest quote I got for MSRP $42,052 (NAV, Premium Plus, and Accessories) was for $37,400. This was in Ontario, CA. I didn't take this one.

The lowest quote I got for MSRP $45,732 (Luxury Plus, NAV, Mark Levinson, XM, Spoiler, and Accessories) was for $41,174. This was in Newport Beach, CA. I didn't take this one either.

I used these as leverage and I went with one with the Luxury Plus, NAV, Mark Levinson, Accessories and Dual Exhaust. I didn't want a rear spoiler. MSRP $46,391. I got it for $41,500.

The internet quote system was a great tool.

I was quoted $500 over invoice by Kearny Mesa Lexus (Penske) in San Diego. It would have worked out to $38500 for the IS350 with Luxury Plus, NAV, XM and parking sensors.

$37400 sounds like a good deal too, if you're not after certain package options, I guess.

manchi - What dealer did you use around Atlanta? Any contact names? I am in the Market in the next couple of months, and I live in Birmingham. Atlanta is not far to go for a good deal.

Cliffj

Cliffj, the dealer I went to was Hennessy Atlanta. Try talk to Don Bonura (dbonura@lexusatlanta.com) internet sales. He'll match other dealer's price too. Tell him CK send you there.