Illuminated Entry System

I recently purchased a 2008 rx350 with the premium plus package / luxury value edition. My question is what is suppose to be standard for the floor lighting. I have read the manual and on page 236. It states inside door handels ( if equiped ), scuff lighting ( if equiped ) and foot well lighting (if equiped). My car came with the scuff lightening but not the other two I mentioned. I can find no where on the Lexus site what is and is not included under the illuminated entry system. I would at least like to be able to install the foot well lighting. Does anyone know about these two options and can I do an after market install. Hard to believe a luxury car would not have all three as standard features.

I recently purchased a 2008 rx350 with the premium plus package / luxury value edition. My question is what is suppose to be standard for the floor lighting. I have read the manual and on page 236. It states inside door handels ( if equiped ), scuff lighting ( if equiped ) and foot well lighting (if equiped). My car came with the scuff lightening but not the other two I mentioned. I can find no where on the Lexus site what is and is not included under the illuminated entry system. I would at least like to be able to install the foot well lighting. Does anyone know about these two options and can I do an after market install. Hard to believe a luxury car would not have all three as standard features.

With the interior dome/map lighting in my 2001 AWD RX300 I sort of killed two birds with one stone.

I never cared for the front "passenger side map light" arrangement to begin, too much light "spillage" to the driver's eyesight. With the dimness of the other bulbs the entry lighting really only consisted of the dome light just behind the front seats. I purchased a Ford three bulb map/dome light fixture and replaced the entry dome light. With "entry" power all three bulbs illuminate, the center dome and rignt and left map lights directed just forward of each front seat. I rewired the front OEM dome/map so that light also comes on with "entry" and the passenger "map" light switch at that location actually turns the Ford passenger light on.

10 watt halogen bi-pin landscape bulbs in all three positions of the Ford fixture.

Is your overhead console switch set to turn on the lights with the door opening? There's a 3 position switch there. My '06 has the very dim footwell and handle lighting when the doors are closed, bright when open. You also must have the dash light rheostat turned up for them to work. There are a number of "conditions" in the manual. It appears the footwell lights are on full when the door is opened and dim when closed, so if you have bright lights when the door opens you're getting power there. It's possible the '08 dropped some parts of what's described in the manual ("equipment may vary...."). There's also a switch in the rear that brings on the rear lighting with the hatch.