2007 Lx 470 Or 08 Lx570

LStoLX

Hello there,

I am new to this forum and have been reading all of your valuable insights and opinions. I currently own a 2006 LS 430 but am looking to upgrade (need more room since we had a baby) to an LX. My dilemma is: should I get the LX 470 2007 for a discounted price or should I wait for the 08 LX570. The dealers in my town cannot tell me what the LX570 will go for. I am looking for some advise if I should wait for the new one or if I should just get the 07. The information on the internet shows that I can get an 07 for $4500 less the invoice. Is this true?

Thank you in advance.

regards

hi

welcome to the fourms

my advice would be to get the 07 lx470 because my est price for thr new one is 80k

$4500 under invoice is complete BS whoever told you that

I currently own a 2006 lx and when i bought it i got $3500 off the msrp

The LX is very limited in production so you are not going to get a lot of discount

The new LX570 has an ugly exterior design a selling point to get an 07

Sorry, I meant the MSRP. Around $4500 off the MSRP.

Thanks for the input.

hi

welcome to the fourms

my advice would be to get the 07 lx470 because my est price for thr new one is 80k

The LX is very limited in production so you are not going to get a lot of discount

Sorry, I meant the MSRP. Around $4500 off the MSRP.

Thanks for the input.

hi

welcome to the fourms

if u dont mind getting out of style vehicle then go for the 07. The 07 has almost all the bugs and everything fixed so you shouldn't have problem driving it for 10 years. But if you absolutely must get 08 for the fashion trend, then, just keep in mind that there may be so bugs, glitches that 1st year model cars may often have.

just take bmw 7 series for example, when it came out in 02, this car was a disaster. so many computer/ electrical problems. PIA.

just my .02 gl w/ u purchase.

I believe the power on 570 is much higher than the latest 470 plus many refinements. The 470 is very "long in the tooth". If there was any auto company I would buy the first model year it would be Lexus. I've owned 9 BMW's (from 330's to 740's to X5's) and they all had the problems mentioned above, no matter how far into the model version.

I believe the power on 570 is much higher than the latest 470 plus many refinements. The 470 is very "long in the tooth". If there was any auto company I would buy the first model year it would be Lexus. I've owned 9 BMW's (from 330's to 740's to X5's) and they all had the problems mentioned above, no matter how far into the model version.

I would buy the 470 and save the money, it will be a glorified station wagon. I have a 2000 and purchased it with 15000 miles on it. I saved around 10k. I am glad I saved the money over a new one. I went back and forth, never owned a pre-owned car before. I had one baby in 2000 and have three children know, I digest the melted cryons and spilled drinks, cleats on seats and spilled baby formula a little better then if I had paid top dollar. I also was never a fan of a first year car. Our truck only has 68k on it and will hold off untill my 4 year old is at least 6 and the 570 has been in production.

LStoLX,

It depends on how adventuresome you are. The 570 is a significant update with a major increase in HP. If you like the 470, then the conservative approach would be to get the 470 now. Once the 570 is out and you can see and drive it and know if you want to upgrade. My personal feeling is that you will enjoy the 570 because it will be more in tune with the newer offerings from Lexus.

Do you need/plan to remove the 3rd row seats for extra cargo space? If the answer is "yes," you'll have to get the '07 since in the '08, the 3rd row jump seats cannot be removed (although they do still fold up). The 3rd row jump seats are supposed to have side curtain bags (not good if you put kids in them, as airbags can severely injure kids by their impact). The '08 will have more bucket-like 2nd row seats (indentations were your rear goes for the outer seats, but not sure about the center). The '07 has a uniformly flat, split bench (no identations), so if you use a large convertible seat like the britax ones, they won't overlap into the indented seating area on the '08.

Do you need/plan to remove the 3rd row seats for extra cargo space? If the answer is "yes," you'll have to get the '07 since in the '08, the 3rd row jump seats cannot be removed (although they do still fold up). The 3rd row jump seats are supposed to have side curtain bags (not good if you put kids in them, as airbags can severely injure kids by their impact). The '08 will have more bucket-like 2nd row seats (indentations were your rear goes for the outer seats, but not sure about the center). The '07 has a uniformly flat, split bench (no identations), so if you use a large convertible seat like the britax ones, they won't overlap into the indented seating area on the '08.

Great Points, I was able to put in three Britax car seats in my LX.