A/c Repaired

VBdenny

After a Lexus dealer told me 3 years ago that my compressor was locking up and needed replacement then estimated the cost at $2600 I didn't fix it. Finally, I had had it with a hot car. As you all know these LS cars are fairly aerodynamic and the air flow through them is terrible. A friend of mine runs a Honda delaership so I brought it over and had their A/C people do a look-see. They evacuated the system, replaced the O-rings and converted the system to R-134, added oil and refrigerant and it works great. The Honda boys told me that the compressor was fine and that it had just lost the oil and R-12 due to a leak. It works great nd blows ICE cold.

The cost? $350.

A friend of mine has a 99 Honda Accord that her A/C stopped working. Her dealer told her it was too old for them to work on & they couldn't get parts. She took it to a independent shop & they fixed it. I guess it does take all kinds!

• 2 weeks later...

i brought my '91 ls400 to a local shop to get the a/c fixed because it doesn't work. we thought it just needed to be changed to 134 and recharged. that didn't solve the problem. then i heard that the sensor gets dirty so we sprayed engine cleaner all over. that didn't work. we were thinking it was the compressor but i don't really wanna replace it seeing as it will probably cost a lot of money.

do you guys think it's the oil and oil seals?