Mid Life Lexus Experience

I am the proud owner of a '92 SC400 (Onyx black, gray interior, custom wheels). I have had it for nearly two years and it now has just over 125,000 miles. I bought this car because every bit of research I did, led me to believe it would perform for many more miles. I am delighted with my purchase. While reasearching, I cam across this Web Site and found it to be very informative - filled with information I can use to enhance my SC400 experience.

I may not be considered the typical SC400 driver. Just like my "older" SC, I may be older than many who post on this site. I just turned 60 - going on 30 something. At 60 I don't consider myself elderly just as I don't consider my '92 SC older. Together we shock the socks off many unsuspecting and often younger drivers. I love the quiet agressiveness of the SC and I am now ready for some mods. I agree with many posts from JIBBBy and others that the stock SC are a bit sluggish from 0 - 30. JIBBBY amused me by saying the stock transmission/torque converters are set so that elderly drivers don't shock themselvers, snap their heads or spill their coffee. With these thoughts in mind, I am ready to take my chances. I intend to upgrade the torque converter first and move on from there. I live north of Chicago, Illinois and I am wondering if anyone can recommend a transmission shop in this area. Should I use the Precisiion Dragon Torque converter?

Unfortunately the driver seat also has a tear. Is leatherseats.com still a wise choice for replacements?

I look forward to any responses to this post.

Unfortunately the driver seat also has a tear. Is leatherseats.com still a wise choice for replacements?

I look forward to any responses to this post.

I have purchased a leather steering wheel wrap and a leather ebrake boot from this company and i must say i am VERY satisfied with the product. They will even email you and let you know the exact match for the stock color. I would highly recommend this company for any leather products.

• 1 month later...

I know what ken is talking about! I am 43 and feel as if I am an "elder statesman" on this site! :) I just travelled from Cincy to Downers Grove to pickup my SC400. Had a great time driving back. Good luck on the mods and let us know how they went.

I'm 52 years young and on the freeway on the way home from work I have a tendency to jump on a lil. There is this eclipes that aways wants to race, most of the time I let it slide. One day I just smoked him. I think he has respect for the 400 now.