2006 Gs300 Bluetooth Problem

I JUST PURCHASED PALM TREO 680 CINGULAR, I CAN NOT LINK WITH MY 2006 GS300. IS THERE A UPGRADE FOR MY BLUETOOTH ??

Palm bluetooth has always been hit or miss, since the Treo 650 days. Just because it says bluetooth, doesn't mean their compatible. Treos are not listed as compatible on the Lexus website. If you check with the Palm Treo forum sites, such as Treocentral, you'll see all sorts of compatibility issues with cars, headsets, etc.

I JUST PURCHASED PALM TREO 680 CINGULAR, I CAN NOT LINK WITH MY 2006 GS300. IS THERE A UPGRADE FOR MY BLUETOOTH ??

Palm bluetooth has always been hit or miss, since the Treo 650 days. Just because it says bluetooth, doesn't mean their compatible. Treos are not listed as compatible on the Lexus website. If you check with the Palm Treo forum sites, such as Treocentral, you'll see all sorts of compatibility issues with cars, headsets, etc.

Hi,

I just upgraded my Treo 650 to a 680 and am having problems pairing the new phone with the builtin phone

on my RX400h.

Cingular of course is *no help*, as is Palm. (I called them for tech support yesterday - big 0, as far as real

knowledgeable assistance.)

However, I was searching on the Palm website last evening, and found a recently posted (May 27) mega upgrade for

the Treo 750/680 devices that (funny the Palm tech didn't mention that they had a recent upgrade) supposedly

fixes a number of issues, like power management, and BT support.

Installed the upgrade last night, and just tried to pair the phone with the car -- partial success this morning!

The handset is now recognized by the car -- and I have a new "Trusted Device" logged on the Treo, but

am not currently able to add the new "Phone" entry to the built-in Lexus phone software.

Anyway, I'm further along than before -- hope the upgrade works for you!

regards,

--fastkeys