Why Is My Car Making This Sound

It just started doing it last night, and then it did it a few times again this morning when I went to the post office. There are no warning lights

Go to the link at the bottom and scroll down to (Doorbell 2) it sounds a lot like that sound

http://www.wavsource.com/sfx/sfx.htm

Maybe someone dropped a cel phone down between the seats? Some phones have that sound when they give off reminder noises, that a call came in.

It just started doing it last night, and then it did it a few times again this morning when I went to the post office. There are no warning lights

Go to the link at the bottom and scroll down to (Doorbell 2) it sounds a lot like that sound

http://www.wavsource.com/sfx/sfx.htm

Maybe someone dropped a cel phone down between the seats? Some phones have that sound when they give off reminder noises, that a call came in.

OR A BEEPER, PERHAPS. THAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME AND I WOULD FIND MY HUSBANDS BEEPER, THOUGH NOT THE DOORBELL,

WHICH DOES SOUND LIKE A CAR THING. SOMETHING GOING OFF IN INTERVALS...

I HAVE BEEN HEARING A CLICK SOME TIMES WHEN THE CAR IS OFF, BUT NOT OFTEN.

I don't have a beeper and my cell makes a diffrent sound, I lefet my cell home when I went to the post office this morning, I thought it may have been the new Garmin GPS I bought so I took it out of the car but it still made the noise. I also thought it was comming from the rqdio so I turned it off.

You might want to peruse the owner's manual. I haven't heard anything like that, yet.

The darn think is so big I wouldn't know where to start, but I have figured something out since my last post. It makes the noise every time I start the car up in the garage or if I drive off and come back home it makes the noise when I get close to my house. I still have no idea what is going on but I must have done something to the NAV to make it ding dong every time I am near my house. I guess the answer is someplace inside the NAV manual

You might want to peruse the owner's manual. I haven't heard anything like that, yet.

The darn think is so big I wouldn't know where to start, but I have figured something out since my last post. It makes the noise every time I start the car up in the garage or if I drive off and come back home it makes the noise when I get close to my house. I still have no idea what is going on but I must have done something to the NAV to make it ding dong every time I am near my house. I guess the answer is someplace inside the NAV manual

Sounds like the bluetooth connection/failure message. There should be a brief banner come up on the screen that says "Bluetooth connection successful" or "Bluetooth connection failed"

If you don't own a bluetooth phone then there must be something around your house that is trying to reach out and connect to a bluetooth devise. Do you have kids? Something burried under a mountain of dirty clothes that s/he forgot to turn off?

Sounds like the bluetooth connection/failure message. There should be a brief banner come up on the screen that says "Bluetooth connection successful" or "Bluetooth connection failed"

If you don't own a bluetooth phone then there must be something around your house that is trying to reach out and connect to a bluetooth devise. Do you have kids? Something burried under a mountain of dirty clothes that s/he forgot to turn off?

If I am just going to the post office I often leave the cell home. I get the bluetooth fail message often but Have never heard the ding before. I am pretty sure I must have mucked around with the NAV setting or pushed the wrong button when I was trying to do the NAV over ride. But it first started last night and today when I went to the post office and indurance agent I passed near my house a few times and every time I got neaqr the house I heard the ding dong sound.

I'll bet your home is represented on the nav screen by a nav icon with sound. Most of the icon's don't have an associated sound but some do. Here's how to check. Select Menu on the large buttons below the nav screen. On the nav screen, you should now see a "My Places" button-select it. Next select the Edit button to edit one of your "places". Select your "home" and a bunch of buttons/attributes will pop up including a button called Icon. Once you push the Icon button, you'll see three sets of selectable icons with the last set being icons with sound. Simply select an icon without sound to represent your home.

I did this from memory so a step may be out of sequence but once you get to "My Places" you should be able to find your way from there. Good Luck!

I'll bet your home is represented on the nav screen by a nav icon with sound. Most of the icon's don't have an associated sound but some do. Here's how to check. Select Menu on the large buttons below the nav screen. On the nav screen, you should now see a "My Places" button-select it. Next select the Edit button to edit one of your "places". Select your "home" and a bunch of buttons/attributes will pop up including a button called Icon. Once you push the Icon button, you'll see three sets of selectable icons with the last set being icons with sound. Simply select an icon without sound to represent your home.

I did this from memory so a step may be out of sequence but once you get to "My Places" you should be able to find your way from there. Good Luck!

Thanks for the help I haven't had a chance to check the NAV manual yet because I have been a little busy downloading MP3 for my upcoming drive out to Texas. I just bought anew Garmin Street Pilot 7500 that has a built in MP3 player. I had an older Garmin that I have been using in the Lexus because one of the most important features in the Lexus NAV is disabled when the car is in motion. When I drive long distances and I am almost ready to stop for the night I like to search for 60 to 100 miles ahead. The I get the phone number listed in the GPS so I can call ahead to see if there are rooms available, check the rates, make sure it has a bath tub (I have learned to ask because some have showers only) And the most important question is where is the door to the room and where no I park the car. I like to park the car in front of my room window where I can see it, and I want the door to open to the parking lot to make it easier to carry in my stuff. If I have to stop the car it takes away one of the biggest time saving conveniences of owning a GPS. I love the car and all the other features included with the GPS but Lexus's decision to disable some functions really annoys me. Thanks for the help in getting the bell turned off.

By the way if anyone drives long distances I found a great site that has old radio shows in MP3 (I have never had an MP3 player till the Garmin I bought came withone built in) format. There are a few free sites but this one doesn't limit the ammount of data per 24 hours and the interface is very good. It $7.95 per month or $60 per year. So you can hear great stories without the need to take your eyes off the road to see what is going on. Taking your eyes off the road for a quick glance at the GPS is OK but viewing movies is not only illegal, it is crazy. Check out the link below they have a few free samples.

http://www.rusc.com/