Potential Purchase In 3 Weeks

I'm looking to purchase a 350 within the next few weeks. There are a few options that I'm looking at such as the Luxury Plus Package (LD), Navigation System (NV), and an X Package w/ sunroof (XE). The Mark Levinson speakers and the Sport Tuned suspension are also other options I am considering. Can anybody tell me if there's a substantial difference between the Levinson and the normal speakers? Also can anybody tell me if there's anything great about the upgraded suspension? And is everybody out there for the most part enjoying there 350 anything in particular I should know? and thanks :o

I have the Nav system with bluetooth but the standard stereo which isn't too bad. I could not get the Levinson package without a extended wait. The upgraded suspension should be worth it but I don't have it so I can't let you know for sure but the car is awesome and you will enjoy it for sure no matter what you decide to get. The 0-60 time is unreal. No one messes with me on the road as far as that goes.

I definitely think the Luxury Plus package is a good idea. Lots of good stuff in there. (I really like the illuminated doorsill scuff plates. Adds a nice touch of class.)

Go for the nav system too. The nav screen isn't just for directions, it is also the hub for your climate, audio and telephone controls (bluetooth connectivity is really cool and will help you avoid getting a ticket while talking on your cell phone if you live in a "progressive" state like NY). The backup camera comes in handy too. Be forewarned that nav systems do not hold their value at trade-in time. Take this into consideration if you plan on trading your vehicle in after a short period of time. But I think the coolness and functionality outweigh the trade-in factor.

As for the ML stereo, I haven't heard it but I can't imagine a stereo sounding much better than the stock one. Probably the best stereo I've had in a vehicle. Good crisp sound and plenty of volume. I would imagine the ML sounding even better, plus it gives you the ability to watch DVDs (if that's your thing - personally I don't have any desire to watch a DVD on such a tiny screen; that's what I have a home theater for. More of a kids thing, and the IS isn't exactly a family sedan.)

Can't speak to the X package cause I have a IS 250 AWD (not available).

From what I was told in AZ (and it may depend on your region), for 2007, there were no Sports packages released for the Western region (I know since I tried really hard to get one) and was told that they may not have been produced for many of the other regions.

Also, I was told that you cannot get the X package with the Luxury package (or from the salesman, that Lexus has not been approving builds with those options).

So in the SW/West coast, it's pretty much either premium, luxury/nav, or x package.

However, if your region allows you to do it, awesome! (and I'll be jealous)

BTW, for pricing, most I've seen discounted is $2k above invoice.

I'm looking to purchase a 350 within the next few weeks. There are a few options that I'm looking at such as the Luxury Plus Package (LD), Navigation System (NV), and an X Package w/ sunroof (XE). The Mark Levinson speakers and the Sport Tuned suspension are also other options I am considering. Can anybody tell me if there's a substantial difference between the Levinson and the normal speakers? Also can anybody tell me if there's anything great about the upgraded suspension? And is everybody out there for the most part enjoying there 350 anything in particular I should know? and thanks :o

If it just so happens that your dealer cannot find the car you're looking for (combination of options you want), and it has to be special ordered from the factory, the average wait time is 3-4 months.

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest you take some of your favorite cd's, DVD-A, DTS cd's to the Lexus dealer. Play them on the standard cd player and compare with the ML DVD player. The standard cd player will not play DVD-A and DTS cd's though. These are encoded with 5.1 audio which will playback on the DVD player on the ML sound system. The sound quality of these disks (DVD-A, DTS) will blow you away - I guarantee you will purchase the ML system over the standard audio system. If you are only going to listen to regular audio cd's then the upgrade to the ML system will not be as great as stereo reproduction on both systems is very good. Hope this helps your decision.

Does both regular and ML stereo system play mp3 burned on a cd? I heard that they do not play mp3 burned on DVDs though:(

I have an Australian delivered IS250 with the ML system and it doesn't play MP3 from DVD. It certainly does from CD though.