Cd Player/no Volume

reich

1993 LS 400. I can hear the CDs at very low volume and can change disc and tracks but can't get my old normal volume. Had the head unit rebuilt. Bought a replacement amp thru ebay (looked worse than my unit) and plugged it in with no help. Checked the two "radio" fuses (OK). Tried the factory phone muting (it muted the radio and "un-muted" it when I turned off the power). I am at a loss. Can anyone help?

1993 LS 400. I can hear the CDs at very low volume and can change disc and tracks but can't get my old normal volume. Had the head unit rebuilt. Bought a replacement amp thru ebay (looked worse than my unit) and plugged it in with no help. Checked the two "radio" fuses (OK). Tried the factory phone muting (it muted the radio and "un-muted" it when I turned off the power). I am at a loss. Can anyone help?

Why rebuild the headunit ? Did you have the old amd new amp tested ? The amp on ebay was probably shot also. Typical :censored:

Why rebuild the headunit ? Did you have the old amd new amp tested ? The amp on ebay was probably shot also. Typical :censored:

Volume went out on the AM band (yeah I know... so what). How would I test the amp?

Volume went out on the AM band (yeah I know... so what). How would I test the amp?

Take it to a reputable audio shop. Call ahead and make sure they are able to do the test. Save on gas. Bring both of the amps. Have you double checked all of the connectors ?