Service/override Screen In Nav 6.1?

I just got a new RX400h and the Override for the navigation from nav 5.1 does not work. I was looking around online and found the following to access some sort of service screen:

-Touch Display button.

-Touch (within horizontal bars)

--Upper Left

--Lower Left

--Upper Left

--Lower Left

--Upper Left

--Lower Left

This brings you to a screen with options. I don't know what anything in this screen does and there was no exit or back button. None of the other buttons (map, menu, display etc.) functioned to exit either. I turned the car off to exit.

Anyone brave enough to see what we can do in this screen? Can we disable the navigation lockout from this screen?

I just got a new RX400h and the Override for the navigation from nav 5.1 does not work. I was looking around online and found the following to access some sort of service screen:

-Touch Display button.

--Upper Left

--Lower Left

--Upper Left

--Lower Left

--Upper Left

--Lower Left

This brings you to a screen with options. I don't know what anything in this screen does and there was no exit or back button. None of the other buttons (map, menu, display etc.) functioned to exit either. I turned the car off to exit.

Anyone brave enough to see what we can do in this screen? Can we disable the navigation lockout from this screen?

So close!

You are almost there, nivana awaits.

Once you into this menu you hold down the "Overide" button until you hear a beep.

From there you just hit map or destination to go back to your NAV screen. You will then find that the lock out above 5mph no longer occurs.

If you shut off the system and restart you are back to square one and have to do the whole thing over again.

I'm not in the 5.1 version. There isn't an override after following the steps that I just posted.

Are you in 6.1? Do you actually see an override button after following my steps?

Thanks.

Oh, I wasn't aware that you could even get to the menu on the newer version.

So what are the menu options that appear on the screen? The old "override" button was on the left column about 3 buttons down from the top... what's that button say now?

What happens if you choose any of them, does it take you deeper? Try holding them down for several seconds.

Perhaps they just moved the Override down a menu so you have to hit another button first. It has seemed to me all along that Toyota could not just remove the override function since there must be a ligitmate need for having it in the code, but they must have just renamed it or moved it somewhere to stimi the users from getting to it.

The fact that you can get to the service menu means the easter egg access is still the same, but function has been moved or hidden under another layer of easter egg moves.

Try the upper/left, lower/left sequence again on the service menu screen and see what happens... try the same thing on right side... try revering the order... hack man... hack!

My only caution is that if you do find yourself in a service menu where there are parameters you can adjust, change, or delete that you DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING, and WRITE DOWN WHAT APPEARS ON THE SCREEN just in case you acceidently do something. That we you can at least put it back the way it was.

I started this post and everyone that has responded to this post is missing the point.

The steps that I documented do not get you to the same override screen that is available in 5.1. Yes, I know that the override from 5.1 does not work in 6.1.

The steps that I documented get you to a different hidden screen, but I don't know what this screen is for and and I don't know if there is an override feature in this screen.

What I'm asking is if anyone knows if we can override the lockout from the screen that I documented.

Thanks.

I though you were pretty clear, I don't have any suggestion but I keep comming back every time I see a new post in the hope someone came up with an answer. I went out and bought an aftermarket NAV so I solved the problem of not being able to use the NAV wihile the car is moving but I would still like to dial the phone while I driver

I started this post and everyone that has responded to this post is missing the point.

The steps that I documented do not get you to the same override screen that is available in 5.1. Yes, I know that the override from 5.1 does not work in 6.1.

The steps that I documented get you to a different hidden screen, but I don't know what this screen is for and and I don't know if there is an override feature in this screen.

What I'm asking is if anyone knows if we can override the lockout from the screen that I documented.

Thanks.

Can you post a picture of the screen you get to?

By the way I tried the taps and I couldn't get to any special screen

Try again and be sure to tap BETWEEN the horizontal lines, not the top/bottom of the monitor... I was able to do it, but what to do from here, I haven't a clue...

Thanks.

To my knowledge there is no known easy override on the 6.1 from any screen. I keep up with many forums here and elsewhere and this issue is widely discussed. The only found solutions so far involve cutting wires or creating a hybrid dvd disc that includes some of the 5.1 software loaded onto a 6.1 disc. People have looked at various screen options and pushed many buttons but still not found any easy override in the 6.1 as was available for the 5.1 software.

Hey... Just wanted to let you know that I tried your sequence in my 6.1 and I got the hidden menu. I played around with it and it looks like they are all just "checks"... system check, input checks, nothing to actually change a setting. Did not find an override but I do feel like we are a step closer. Please post if you do find something!!!! :)

I own a RX400H in Australia with a gen 6.1 DVD and I found out from a dealer that an owner worked out a fix to override the phone lock out by using an auto electrician to do something which was related to the floor mounted parking brake. I could not find out anything else as they were unwilling to give details. Anybody heard anything more about this hack?

Hi,

In response to the individual who says he has heard of an override for the 6.1 version involving cutting wires or a hybrid DVD... can you point us toward that info? In high school I used to install car stereos so I am pretty comfortable taking apart dashboards, instrument panels, etc.

I will post back here with info if I get anywhere... Thanks!

Edwin

• 2 weeks later...

I found this info from caranddriver.com. This cost $$$ but it seems to work.

NAV-SYSTEM UNBLOCKER: We have complained ad nauseam about the so-called lawyer’s screen that comes on after startup on many navigation-equipped cars. Coastal Electronic Technologies circumvents this with the $229 Ultimate Lockpick (www.coastaletech.com; 800-507-2234). After removing half the interior of the RX to access the back of the navigation unit, we plugged an Ultimate Lockpick 1 into the correct slots and then bypassed the “I agree” startup screen. The Lockpick allows full use of the navigation system while driving and unlocks the direct-dialing keypad for use with a Bluetooth phone. Still better, it converts the nav screen into a video monitor, for which you need a video source, such as an iPod or DVD player, which is then plugged into a connection in the glove box before pressing a couple of buttons. Lockpicks are available for most Toyota and Lexus vehicles and for GM’s new full-size sport-utes. To allow all navigation and Bluetooth functions to be used while in motion, simply press the destination button and then press the bull’s-eye in the upper left corner. A series of automated screen changes later, and the touch-screen buttons that used to gray-out while driving retain their functionality. We don’t recommend driving with your head buried in the navigation screen, but we really like this product because if we had a passenger, he could enter a destination on the fly. — K.C. Colwell

• 1 month later...

Please follow the directions at http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t173730.html and it will work. You must be able to burn DL DVD's tho.

Jim

Hi,

In response to the individual who says he has heard of an override for the 6.1 version involving cutting wires or a hybrid DVD... can you point us toward that info? In high school I used to install car stereos so I am pretty comfortable taking apart dashboards, instrument panels, etc.

Edwin

Please follow the directions at http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t173730.html and it will work. You must be able to burn DL DVD's tho.

Jim

Hi,

Edwin

I have the Mark Levinson system, so even if I create the hybride disc, how do I load it? The current data is on the car's hard drive, not an ejectable DVD. My understanding is that you must have special HW to connect to the car to perform an "upgrade" process...what dealer will do this with a non-OEM disc? None, I suspect... (I'm in northern NJ)

Jim

Hi,

Edwin

I have the Mark Levinson system, so even if I create the hybride disc, how do I load it? The current data is on the car's hard drive, not an ejectable DVD. My understanding is that you must have special HW to connect to the car to perform an "upgrade" process...what dealer will do this with a non-OEM disc? None, I suspect... (I'm in northern NJ)

The GPS has a separate DVD drive that has nothing to do with the sound system. It's located under the rear cargo floor. As I understand it, you can get the upgraded data from the 6.1 version but place it onto a DVD that has the older 5.0 operating system. In that way the older system will continue to function as it does now, but you get the latest maps etc.

If this is correct there is no "upgrade" process for the the older machines, you just load the new DVD into the drive.

As for the newer systems, this would be more like a "downgrade", so I'm not clear if it would work going in that dircection or not.

Other than burning a dual layer DVD has anyone found another way to disable the nav system lockout for ver 6.1 on the 2007 RX400h? I cannot believe that 1. it doesn't exist and 2. that someone has not been able to find it.

Jim

Hi,

Edwin

The GPS has a separate DVD drive that has nothing to do with the sound system. It's located under the rear cargo floor. As I understand it, you can get the upgraded data from the 6.1 version but place it onto a DVD that has the older 5.0 operating system. In that way the older system will continue to function as it does now, but you get the latest maps etc.

If this is correct there is no "upgrade" process for the the older machines, you just load the new DVD into the drive.

As for the newer systems, this would be more like a "downgrade", so I'm not clear if it would work going in that dircection or not.

No, the nav data is installed on the ML HDD - and according to the Lexus TSB, there is a special HW kit you must interface with the car when performing a nav upgrade....

Jim

Hi,

Edwin

No, the nav data is installed on the ML HDD - and according to the Lexus TSB, there is a special HW kit you must interface with the car when performing a nav upgrade....

You are wrong, the other person that told you the NAV DVD player is in the back was correct. I have a

RX400H and I was able tp locate my DVD player and eject the disk. If you take the time to look for it all you need to do is lift the cover on the floor in the rear and you will see the DVD player in the right rear corner.

-Touch Display button.

--Upper Left

--Lower Left

--Upper Left

--Lower Left

--Upper Left

--Lower Left

I got farther. Once you get to this screen, click MENU in the upper right corner. From that menu, do the following:

Upper Right

Lower Right

Upper Right

Lower Right

Upper LEFT

Lower Right

That takes you to another set of menus. I looked all over the place and still could not find the override button. Perhaps someone can figure it out from here!

Other than burning a dual layer DVD has anyone found another way to disable the nav system lockout for ver 6.1 on the 2007 RX400h? I cannot believe that 1. it doesn't exist and 2. that someone has not been able to find it.

Yes, the topic has been written & rewritten in lots of other threads. The search tool is a wonderful thing. However, if you don't like making a DVD (and THIS IS the simplest way) you'll not like the other 2 methods either. (1) costaltech.com sells a nice over ride device (my choice) so you don't have to punch thru the over ride menus. (2) There are speed sensors on the wheels that (if disconected) will allow you to do the over ride ... but as I've said in prior threads, you didn't hear that from me.

Yes, the topic has been written & rewritten in lots of other threads. The search tool is a wonderful thing. However, if you don't like making a DVD (and THIS IS the simplest way) you'll not like the other 2 methods either. (1) costaltech.com sells a nice over ride device (my choice) so you don't have to punch thru the over ride menus. (2) There are speed sensors on the wheels that (if disconected) will allow you to do the over ride ... but as I've said in prior threads, you didn't hear that from me.

True, there is overwhelming amount of info, but often contradicts. So here are my questions. I guess I wouldn't need to ask all those questions if costaltech web site wasn't that confusing...

1 - Will the Lockpick 3 basic works on a 2007 RX400 with the Mark Levingstone system (but no rear DVD player) and ver 6?

2 - Is it indeed just a simple plug and play in the trunck?

3 - Will it enable all the destination related functions?

4 - Does any of the other LockPicks which enable the phone will work with my car?

Thanks,

Ramy