Service/override Screen In Nav 6.1?

True, there is overwhelming amount of info, but often contradicts. So here are my questions. I guess I wouldn't need to ask all those questions if costaltech web site wasn't that confusing...

1 - Will the Lockpick 3 basic works on a 2007 RX400 with the Mark Levingstone system (but no rear DVD player) and ver 6?

2 - Is it indeed just a simple plug and play in the trunck?

3 - Will it enable all the destination related functions?

4 - Does any of the other LockPicks which enable the phone will work with my car?

Thanks,

Ramy

1 don't know how things would change with non standard (sterio?) Levingstone system

2 simple turns on how easy/difficult people find wiring to be. Personally, for our '06 400h I'd rate it as a 6 on a scale of 10 and I'm a bit of a tinker'er.

3 yes

4 best to ask costaltech

• 2 months later...

I have a 05 RX330 and upgraded to 6.1 from 4.1 without realizing this would eliminate the override. Can I put the 4.1 disc back in and regain the function? Is there any potential harm that could occur from at least trying this? While I do not feel the need to use the NAV while moving very often, I would at least like the option to do so if I choose!

Thanks

Steve

PS I know this is not the "specific" forum for my vehicle, but the people on this topic seem knowledgable and I thought someone would have the answer.

DcLexus.See your original post.

Just checked...Thanks!

an answer to the lexus arrogance about the ver 6.1 nav issues could be the new 2008 BMW diesel x5; they seem to be following detroit's lead of not listening to their customers. They send form letters in answer to written complaints instead of addressing the issue for current, not future owners. The 400h is my 4th lexus and though I do enjoy it I don't need the aggrevation the nav system gives. :cries:

• 5 weeks later...